Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rotor alternatives for Wilwood SL6

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Rotor alternatives for Wilwood SL6

Does anyone know of a 13.06" diameter/ 1.250" thick one piece rotor that will work with the Wilwood SL6 big brake upgrade kit on a C5 Z06? My rotors are shot after a couple of track days, and not really interested in spending $175/ea for replacement rotor rings, if I can avoid it. It seems that the stock NAPA rotors are around 12.8" in diameter, too small for the Wilwood setup. A straight 13" rotor would be fine (.06" won't make a difference). If anyone knows a source and part number for a good rotor alternative, it would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

check with gary at hardbar. I think hes got hats setup to use a coleman rotor.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:23 PM
magnetic1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know PFC has direct drives in 13.07 x 1.25"

Cost will be high though. Prolly $300-400 each.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

I could set you up with a slight alternative rotor Steve. The max width for the BSL6 caliper found on the factory kit however is about 1.300 so total width gains are minimal. Producing a Coleman part with the proper casting could boost the total miss up a tad as well. All good things.

I must confess however that the standard Wilwood GT rotor is probably about the same weight. And if you're picking them up for about $170ea that's about right. The alternatives won't be significantly less and last vastly longer. If I were to venture a guess; a few bucks less and probably 25% more life.

I think you'd do well to consider some ducting for whichever way you choose. Lowing operating temps will help greatly.

Get notified of new replies

To Rotor alternatives for Wilwood SL6

Quick Reply: Rotor alternatives for Wilwood SL6