Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cool new tool from Joe's (Hardbar)

Old 10-01-2008, 04:18 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Cool new tool from Joe's (Hardbar)

Inspecting your engine oil and filter can catch problems before they explode and save you a bucket full of lettuce. Identifying engine problems in the shop will help you win more races. JOES Racing Products has designed a new Oil Filter Cutter that allows you to quickly check your spin on filter for debris. The JOES cutter works with all popular filters and comes complete with an adapter bushing to fill the oversize hole of larger filters like an HP6. The adapter keeps the cutter centered verses fumbling around with an undersized bushing that lets the cutter flop around. One tool works perfectly for various size filters. Fully machined anodized aluminum and laser etched produces a durable package that looks cool and gets the job done right. This is cheap insurance at only $64.95!

Sold by Hardbarusa.com
http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=117

Last edited by ghoffman; 10-01-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Speed Direct
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 80 Likes on 43 Posts

That is cool. Nice machine work as well. It beats using tin snips and slicing your knuckles. Don't ask me how I know...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

This is one of those things that to paraphrase the old TV ad :
Pay me now or pay someone else later!

Last edited by ghoffman; 10-01-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Speed Direct
That is cool. Nice machine work as well. It beats using tin snips and slicing your knuckles. Don't ask me how I know...
This really has beautiful machine work. It is really beautiful, all CNC and stainless steel, total quality. It will be the nicest tool in your toolbox. Every Corvette racer needs one.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Gary,

Do you have interior used filter pictures of what is normal vs. not normal? I have no idea what to expect if I cut a filter open. Maybe you have a picture that shows good, ok. this is bad?
Old 10-02-2008, 08:31 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

I don't have a pic of a bad one (I have had many in the past, but I endevour to not screw up my LS7) now, but have had them in the past. What you will see will be obvious if you have trouble on the way. When you cut it apart, if it is going bad, you will see metal particles (that may or may not be magnetic) that are pieces of bearings, valve springs, cam, etc in the bottom of the can. If it is OK, it will just be oil.

Get notified of new replies

To Cool new tool from Joe's (Hardbar)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cool new tool from Joe's (Hardbar)