Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All New C6 Z06 Brembo Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default All New C6 Z06 Brembo Big Brake Kit

New Kit:
6-piston Monobloc w/
365x34mm 2pc. discs
Retail: $3995

Purpose of the kit:
Improved heat capacity and longevity over the 355x32mm kit, mainly for heavily tracked and modified vehicles.
The use of the 365mm diameter allows us to once again adjust the piston sizes in order to yield an even better pedal feel.
(the 355mm kit has a very attractive and confident pedal feel, the 365mm is a bit higher and firmer)

Target customer:
Higher horsepower, larger rubber, heavily tracked vehicles.
While the 355mm kit is already an amazing improvement in performance, some particular vehicle set ups and driving styles will have been able to exceed the heat management capabilities of this system. The 365x34mm system, further improves the heat management and improves performance, and longevity of all of the consumable items. (rotors and pads)

355mm 6-piston = Mildly modified, primarily street driven, ocassional HPDE event, begginer - intermediate driver.

365mm 6-piston = Heavily modified, R-compound tires, regularly tracked (possibly even a track dedicated car), intermediate to advanced driver.

380mm 6-piston = Suites either of the above styles, but requires more attention to wheel fitment. The perfect match for a primarily street driven car w/ 19's, as it is for a track dedicated car with 18" CCW's and r-compounds.

*All three require attention to wheel fitment, the larger the kit, the fewer the options for 18's. 19's are generally not a problem.

**All three improve pedal feel, control, and modulation as compared to the OEM system. 365mm and 380mm become firmer and higher than the predecessor.

***All three provide unsprung and rotational weight savings, the largest providing the least.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by captain454
Mike,

I'm just curious about this 365mm size. How does this compare specifically to the 380mm kit? I notice that the 365mm rotors are thicker, but they are obviously smaller radius. Do both the 365mm and 380mm kits use the same calipers and pads, or do they each use their own size? I'm assuming all the parts for the 365mm kit are different than what is used on the 380mm kit (except the maybe the aluminum rotor hat?).

The 365mm is more track oriented than the 355mm. The 380mm is still the top dog however. Really what they're trying to do is give you more options since people want the performance of the 380mm but be able to give you more wheel options. Not everyone wants CCWs and for most people 19s aren't an options since they don't sell some slicks in those sizes. I haven't tried it but it slots in between. The 380mm has more surface area than the 365mm. However the 365mm is 34mm thick instead of 32mm. This would help with heat dissapation.

All of the calipers are different in the for the various kits, as they are 'optimized' for performance given the application and the rotor sizes.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:19 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by captain454
OK, thanks!

I don't get it, why would anyone want anything but CCWs?!
I like mine too. But we like the racey, tough all black look.

Some people want the nice Forgeline and Iforged setups we offer.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Here is my setup with the top secret offsets

Sick!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 04:27 PM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Brand New C6Z kit now available. Also PM me for C6 and C6 kits. The pedal and modulation you deserve.

Mike
Old 11-01-2008, 02:51 AM
C6400hp
Safety Car

Location: DFW This user does not support or recommend the product or service displayed in the ad to the right
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't imagine needing anything more or having better pedal feel than the Brembo 4 piston 355X32 I have now. Those must be even more super incredibly awesome. They look pretty good too.

Get notified of new replies

To All New C6 Z06 Brembo Big Brake Kit

Quick Reply: All New C6 Z06 Brembo Big Brake Kit