Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LGM ALMS GT2 at Road Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:08 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LGM ALMS GT2 at Road Atlanta

I got this cool news from LGM:

For Immediate Release :

12-12-08 IS THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

The “Flame painted Corvette” will be on the loose again.

For Immediate release: LGM to Petit 08

LG Motorsports Corvette GT-2 to Petit Lemans

Lou Gigliotti of LG Motorsports will team with Tomy Drissi for the 10 hour Petit Lemans race in the Riley Technologies Corvette.

The car will carry Sponsorship from the Fox Movie “The Day the Earth Stood Still” that will be in theaters December 12th.

Movie Trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi333185305/

Tomy Drissi said, “I am very pleased to be associated with LG Motorsports in the ALMS Petit Lemans race. Lou and his group have been a top Corvette team in the US and the Riley Corvette is a great car, so this should be a good race.”

The Corvette has been updated slightly and should be quicker than the Utah race where the team ran as high as 3rd before a good 6th place finish. Engines are supplied by CRD engines of Concord NC.

Gigliotti points out that, “Riley and our LG Team have completed some updates that we are very pleased with. There is a good possibility that Marc Goossens will be the third driver, which we would be very happy to have on board. But that is not firmed up yet.”

Bill Riley will handle the Engineering duties and call out strategy for the team as well. Riley helped to lift the Riley Mathews Daytona Prototype team to some recent wins, as well as racing their prototype car at Lemans.

According to Riley,” Lou and LG Motorsports was the first to step up to purchase our new GT2 Corvette and we are glad to help them in anyway that we can for the Petit race.”

LG Motorsports is one of America’s leading suppliers of Corvette Performance and enhancement parts including their “LG Pro Long Tube Headers” and other Corvette related parts.

“Racing our Corvette in the ALMS Series gives our world wide customers a team to root for.” Said Gigliotti,” we have a saying, ‘We race, you win’ and we live by that.”

The car will be on Dunlop Tires for this race and the team is very optimistic about the improved performance. The development that Dunlop has put into their tires is commendable and the team has also been hard at work on the main systems of the car to make it more competitive.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:08 PM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I'm not trying to flame you (I just like my graphic) but LGM already posted.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:22 PM
C6RAPTOR
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by burners
I'm not trying to flame you (I just like my graphic) but LGM already posted.
Great no flame here, how do I delete it.

Get notified of new replies

To LGM ALMS GT2 at Road Atlanta

Quick Reply: LGM ALMS GT2 at Road Atlanta