Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camber on C6 Z51 ???

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:34 PM
kermooni
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camber on C6 Z51 ???

What is the most aggressive camber that can be put on a STOCK C6 Z51 (not interested in after market stuff)???

Thanks
Old 08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
kermooni
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt ???
Old 08-31-2008, 12:59 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Should be the same as a C5? All the pieces are the same... but, again, once you set the alignment bolts out, pull all the spacers behind the dog bones, it'll depend on what ride height you choose to run...
Old 09-01-2008, 12:32 AM
EvilBoffin
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Also depends on how symmetrical your chassis is, and if you're willing to work to improve the symmetry first. That can affect other tuning aspects like corner weighting, alignment range, etc. David Farmer spends a lot of time evaluating & working on symmetry before messing with lowering or trying to determine the range of alignment adjustment.

And if the max camber limit on one side turns out to be different then the other side, you have to decide whether you want to run the lowest-side limit on BOTH sides, or to run the different max settings on each side.

I would rather have equal settings on both sides - I need all the predictability I can get. After having Mr. Farmer go over my '08 Z51 comprehensively, he said that my particular chassis, at my corner-weighted ride height could get about -2.5 camber up front. Maybe about -1.6 out back, IIRC. My car has all stock hardware (...right now...).

Last edited by EvilBoffin; 09-01-2008 at 12:49 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Camber on C6 Z51 ???

Quick Reply: Camber on C6 Z51 ???