Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drove the Nürburgring today

Old 08-30-2008, 02:35 PM
gmccreary
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Drove the Nürburgring today

I had the opportunity to drive the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring today in my Audi A4 rental car. That place is amazing and there were several million dollars worth of exotic cars running the track today. The Audi was out classed by the Ferarris, Porsches and BMWs and the snow tires didn't help. The track is difficult and I only did two laps (42 Euro). There were 3 accidents that closed the track for several hours. Most of the drivers were crazy and passing was allowed anywhere. I only saw one Corvette which was a C6.
If you're ever in Ramstein, Germany do not rent the silver 2008 Audi A4 1.8T from Sixt. It was broken in kind of hard.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:58 PM
sundiego
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very, very cool! Well done!
Old 08-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 320 Likes on 152 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

Originally Posted by gmccreary
If you're ever in Ramstein, Germany do not rent the silver 2008 Audi A4 1.8T from Sixt. It was broken in kind of hard.

Drive it like you stole it.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Congrats! That's on my short list of things to do before I take a dirt nap.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:04 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 644 Likes on 387 Posts

Very cool!

I was just telling my wife yesterday that I wanted to do that. One of these days...
Old 08-31-2008, 12:08 AM
sperkins
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Lucky bastard.
Missed you at Road Atlanta earlier this month. You coming back home soon? There are a lot of good track days coming up soon.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:37 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Sie sind glücklich. Ich hoffe, den ein Tag zu tun selbst.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:23 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the opportunity to drive the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring today in my Audi A4 rental car. That place is amazing and there were several million dollars worth of exotic cars running the track today. The Audi was out classed by the Ferarris, Porsches and BMWs and the snow tires didn't help. The track is difficult and I only did two laps (42 Euro). There were 3 accidents that closed the track for several hours. Most of the drivers were crazy and passing was allowed anywhere. I only saw one Corvette C6
me too! i did 5 laps on the Nurburgring last Tuesday! weather was perfect! and track conditions were great 70 degrees/sunny and no one crashed

it is was only open 2 hours because a big motorcycle magazine was having a huge motorcycle event. saw some amazing bikes!

i went to "Rent a Race Car" and they said i should drive turbo gti vw the first time. But the owner was a great guy and the car was tuned pretty good, except i over braked a lot and forgot about turbo lag. :o the track is like driving an old tight mountain road with walls! the two carousels were a trip, they were built in cement patches and were so ruff the traction control in the car would kill my engine, but if you kept your entry speed up in one you could almost fly out and get air born at the end

it is almost impossible to explain the track. In a nutshell it is like riding a dragon's back for 13 miles that never seems to end! it would be a blast in a corvette. it really looks as though it would suit a corvette perfectly!:cheers

And Yeah it was fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb s: And i am going back!

hope they let me have the BMW M3 next time

wish someone rented Corvettes

Gutentag Wayne !! Wie Geht's ?

Last edited by rustyguns; 09-18-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
MazdaRob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the opportunity to drive the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring today in my Audi A4 rental car. That place is amazing and there were several million dollars worth of exotic cars running the track today. The Audi was out classed by the Ferarris, Porsches and BMWs and the snow tires didn't help. The track is difficult and I only did two laps (42 Euro). There were 3 accidents that closed the track for several hours. Most of the drivers were crazy and passing was allowed anywhere. I only saw one Corvette which was a C6.
I got to drive it in 2003 in a rented Renault (golf size) turbo diesel complete with suitcases in back. I only drove two laps too. It was raining and I had never been on track and when I decided to go a little faster the next lap, I had forgotten that over that ridge the track turns It was also only 14 Euros then p/lap with the $$ to E exchange rate not so bad as it is today.

Rules of the road are the same as any road in Germany (Since it is classified as a one-way toll road......) Passing cars have the right of way.

I also want to ride in the ring taxi with Sabine next time.

Also, watch out for rental car contracts. Many now forbid driving on the Nurburgring specifically due to cars being returned in less than perfect condition.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
986_C6
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It is also my dream to track the Ring...one of these days!

Get notified of new replies

To Drove the Nürburgring today

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Drove the Nürburgring today