Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you carry a spare driving to the track?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:57 AM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you carry a spare driving to the track?

I will be doing a few track days this weekend. I will probably log over 1000 street miles. Since I have to carry tools and other stuff, I cant carry more than one tire in my car. My question is should I even bother carrying a tire or just bring some flat repair items and call it a day.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I carry a spare wheel with a "racing" tire mounted on it in my non-trailered Vette. It is invaluable in case you cord a tire(happens frequently on scrubs) or a puncture at the track(happened to me at the all Vette day event after an 07 ZO6 grenaded an engine, a piece of shrapnel punctured it!) I carry spare pads and calipers as well. You don't want to go home to soon!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sidney004
I carry a spare wheel with a "racing" tire mounted on it in my non-trailered Vette. It is invaluable in case you cord a tire(happens frequently on scrubs) or a puncture at the track(happened to me at the all Vette day event after an 07 ZO6 grenaded an engine, a piece of shrapnel punctured it!) I carry spare pads and calipers as well. You don't want to go home to soon!
I can only carry one, but then you have to choose between either a front or a rear tire. There is no one for all solution!
Old 08-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have run on a mismatched tire before; it sure beats going home early and missing 4 sessions!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:46 AM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

I decided to screw it, I need the space to pack other things. Also even if I have a spare, it would only help me when I have a flat in the front as the rears would be mismatched. Ahhh, let's hope people pick up their nails

Get notified of new replies

To Do you carry a spare driving to the track?

Quick Reply: Do you carry a spare driving to the track?