Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt at Miller race video

Old 08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor
Default Pfadt at Miller race video

Hey guys. I was out at Miller last weekend (8-16-08) running the local race series, Miller Park Race Association (MPRA). I like to run with this group because there is always a variety of interesting cars and plenty of Mustangs to pick on. It is the home track for the Miller Mustang Cup afterall.

My video was on the fritz all day, but Pfadt Team member George Smith had his beautiful yellow C5 car shooting video. George's car is worth noticing because it is one of the most beautiful C5 racers that I have seen. It has a Katech 427 mill in it and full World Challenge bodywork. The car is as fast as it is beautiful. The best thing is that he is a local racer that I can run with on MPRA weekends. I'll try to post a photo of it.

Here is a link to George's video from Saturday's second race. George was one position behind be on the grid and has great chase video of my car battling it out with a couple of other racers.

The Porsche is a 996 Cup Car build to Grand AM spec. The car is wicked fast and is driven by a very talented local driver. He consistently turned faster lap times than my Corvette on Saturday. The other car in the video is a turbocharged NSX. It is extremely light and was running on Michelin slicks, he also qualified a little ahead of me. The three of us battled in both races that day.

Ultimately I suffered a mechanical (my cool suit cooler broke loose in the car and started winging around ) and dropped out of the race. It was fun while it lasted. The fun thing about 'run what you brung' racing is that you run into a wide variety of cars and styles. Enjoy the video, again, courtesy of George Smith.

-Aaron

Last edited by Aaron Pfadt; 08-21-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:49 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was there watching some of the fun when not working on the car I was running TT that day, a Scion I am setting up for my kids track car

It was great watching Aaron take on some very very fast cars since his is one as well!

So many things that can go wrong and a cool suit line, dang that just plain sucks buddy but one more thing to make sure it does not happen again.

MPRA is growing at Miller and more cars to come, I had a nice online chat with a couple of the people involved and eager to be a part of it next year.

If you ever get the chance you want to run this track, best place to really let it all hang out since very little to hit if you go off track, really pushing the limits will teach you a great deal. (ok, I am not that fast yet, not driving a really fast car yet but have around 2,000 miles of experience there and it has helped me tremendously

--------------

George Smith's Vette, home rebuilt from a severely burned car. I have seen cars from all sorts of racing and his is one of the best I have ever seen, stunning is an appropriate word in this case.

Rick
Old 08-20-2008, 09:57 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!!!! thats a great video and sounds like one hell of a cool series to run in
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

What a cool race series
Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Here are a couple of pictures of George's car.

Great looking machine! Fast and well driven.

-Aaron
Old 08-21-2008, 02:59 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I jebus! I need a new pair of shorts...

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt at Miller race video

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pfadt at Miller race video