Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putnam Park Sept 13&14 (Sat-Sun)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 06:30 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Default Putnam Park Sept 13&14 (Sat-Sun)

Edit 9-7-08

Yellow group is about full Only a couple spots left
Green group is about full Only a couple spots left
About 7 spots left in the RED group

I have a few who have said they are coming but have not registered yet so that makes the event nearly sold out.
If you want a spot, please register in the next couple days.

After it is full, I will start a waiting list.

Thanks to everyone who has registered so far.
Bill

Same w/e as the Nationals at Mid Ohio but if you want to get some serious track time and a well laid out event, give it a shot.

http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/page/page/5496390.htm

Hope to see you there

Our 8-25-08 event is Sold Out ! Thanks everyone who registered.

Last edited by WNeal; 09-07-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

I need the track time. See you there!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Sounds like a good time. enjoy, I'll be at Mid-O
Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
SDF
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

See you there! First time with 10 / 10ths and looking forward too it.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:36 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

I'm in.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Webz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bink
I need the track time. See you there!
Joel,

Saw your Z at the RAFT Lab. Man that ventilated hood looks angry! Wheels look great as well. See you at Putnam on Monday. Looks like great weather high of 80F, partly cloudy and lots of track time...........

See you there
Len
Old 08-23-2008, 04:27 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by Webz
Joel,

Saw your Z at the RAFT Lab. Man that ventilated hood looks angry! Wheels look great as well. See you at Putnam on Monday. Looks like great weather high of 80F, partly cloudy and lots of track time...........

See you there
Len

Car is looking pretty bad *** Joel
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WNeal
Our 8-25-08 event is Sold Out ! Thanks everyone who registered.
What a fantastic event Bill. Great weather, a great group of drivers and lots of track time. You may not be aware, but there was quite a buzz among the participants as to how well your first event went and how they were looking forward to more. Looks like all future events will be sellouts!

Thanks for all your hard work

Last edited by Z06_505; 08-26-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: clarify which event I was referring to
Old 08-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Z06_505
What a fantastic event Bill. Great weather, a great group of drivers and lots of track time. You may not be aware, but there was quite a buzz among the participants as to how well your first event went and how they were looking forward to more. Looks like all future events will be sellouts!

Thanks for all your hard work
Actually Bill's first event was great ONLY if you were a duck or a fish.

Putnam yesterday was great- Thanks Bill!!!! I missed the 1st two yellow sessions and still had more than enough track time. I was exhausted and I had a blast. I need to work on conditioning, obviously.:o

10/10ths put on a heck of an event.

Len and Bill thanks for the kind words re: the car. I think it looks good with the black Corsairs.

Arte - where were you ? I didn't see your car or your trademark hat??

joel
Old 08-26-2008, 04:22 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Bink
Arte - where were you ? I didn't see your car or your trademark hat??

joel
Now this is really funny! Putnam is a great place but really it does not have that big of a Pad-Dock (as the man kept saying, )
I have no idea how I missed you, Joel. A buddy of mine did say something about a guy in a white car with a black hood that was really flying! I was parked along side Jerry Onks, probably hidden behind his BA trailer!

I just want to thank Bill for a fantastic event. I have never run TT with NASA but we sure had some fun in the Red group with open passing and no points bye! I did learn some new 'off line' passing areas. yeehaw! It was not as spooky as one might think at first blush. I look forward to the same venue again.

Thanks to Jerry Onks and Danny Popp for the great instruction. I was able to knock off another 2 whole seconds for several laps of 77 secs.
Danny, sorry about the off track excursion in 7 before we had even gone a full lap (first time Popp ever rode with me...I hope it is not the last)...oh yeah, that surprise 'off line' pass in 9 was different, too. Thanks for being the consumate instructor and keeping things 'rolling'.

Oh yeah, there is a newcomer on the tracks from my hometown. A sponsored bike racer from days gone by with a C6 Z06. Dave Schram is really getting back in the groove with 4 wheels this time around.

What can I say, anyone that missed this one really missed a treat!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:30 PM
kam
Racer

Great event Bill, We got the trailer wheel fixed this morning and just got home about an hour ago. If the trailer would have worked as smoothly as your organization the weekend would have been perfect. Looking forward to the next time. Will have pictures online in a few days.

Keith

http://keithmillerphotography.com/
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Default 8.25.08 Putnam follow-up

I too would like to thank Bill and the entires 10/10ths crew for putting on a fantastic event. Bill even got me in LAST minute after a cancellation. Event seemed to run like a well oiled machine. I am glad we kept the yellow/red groups seperate in the afternoon. Tons of track time, great weather, and super people.

According to my traqmate, I ran roughly ~86 laps (not counting the initial going out lap and some cool-down laps). So, what; roughly 152miles of HPDE! Burnt through almost two entire tanks of gas.

Still learning Putnam (3rd time there), but I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable there. My times were pretty darn consistant all day, ranging from 1.25-1.28 with a few oddballs. My best time of the day was a 1.24.xx. Not sure how shabby that is for a stock C6 on stock F1 Supercar EMTs & PFC01 pads.

I'm still hating TURN #7. Just can't get it to feel right. I presume I definately should be downshifting to 2nd gear right? ..or do some just leave it in 3rd? In 3rd I feel I'm giving time away accelerating out of there...

Modifications over the winter will hopefully include racing seats (whomever had the red C5 Z06, black CCWs, with Sparcos on the motorized mount Danny did, sweet setup), stickier rubber (either Toyo R888s or the new Kumho Ecsta XS), maybe a more agressive alignment from Danny, and some beefier suspension pieces.

Thanks again, and looking to do most of my HPDEs with 10/10ths if possible. Hopefully some time at Mid-Ohio and Bluegrass next year! You planning on doing any possible 10/10ths events at Mid-Ohio next year Bill?

Old 08-27-2008, 06:05 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by Rob Willis

I too would like to thank Bill and the entires 10/10ths crew for putting on a fantastic event. Bill even got me in LAST minute after a cancellation. Event seemed to run like a well oiled machine. I am glad we kept the yellow/red groups seperate in the afternoon. Tons of track time, great weather, and super people.

According to my traqmate, I ran roughly ~86 laps (not counting the initial going out lap and some cool-down laps). So, what; roughly 152miles of HPDE! Burnt through almost two entire tanks of gas.

Still learning Putnam (3rd time there), but I'm starting to feel pretty comfortable there. My times were pretty darn consistant all day, ranging from 1.25-1.28 with a few oddballs. My best time of the day was a 1.24.xx. Not sure how shabby that is for a stock C6 on stock F1 Supercar EMTs & PFC01 pads.

I'm still hating TURN #7. Just can't get it to feel right. I presume I definately should be downshifting to 2nd gear right? ..or do some just leave it in 3rd? In 3rd I feel I'm giving time away accelerating out of there...

Modifications over the winter will hopefully include racing seats (whomever had the red C5 Z06, black CCWs, with Sparcos on the motorized mount Danny did, sweet setup), stickier rubber (either Toyo R888s or the new Kumho Ecsta XS), maybe a more agressive alignment from Danny, and some beefier suspension pieces.

Thanks again, and looking to do most of my HPDEs with 10/10ths if possible. Hopefully some time at Mid-Ohio and Bluegrass next year! You planning on doing any possible 10/10ths events at Mid-Ohio next year Bill?
Thanks Rob,
I was happy with the event but there is always room for improvement. Danny and I have already met on things we will do different to make it an even better event in Sept.

Putnam and Bluegrass for sure next year. Mid Ohio would certainly be nice so I will be working on that.

Thanks to all the drivers for some great sportsmanship on track and some very good driving skills.

Thanks again and drive safe
Bill
Old 08-28-2008, 07:41 PM
kam
Racer

Pictures are now online. 10/10ths August 25 pictures these are just as they came from the camera. no editing. just reduced in size for posting.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:19 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by kam
Pictures are now online. 10/10ths August 25 pictures these are just as they came from the camera. no editing. just reduced in size for posting.
Thanks Kieth.

I have about 13 more registrations that are not added to the roster yet.
Spots left are dwindeling and this could be another sell out.

Thanks to all our drivers
Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 AM
kam
Racer

Originally Posted by WNeal
Thanks Kieth.

I have about 13 more registrations that are not added to the roster yet.
Spots left are dwindeling and this could be another sell out.

Thanks to all our drivers
excellent event. Drivers were courteous. I wasn't nearly the fastest but the passing and getting passed were fun. That in itself made me a lot more confident. Looking forward to september.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:20 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we are running closer to home that weekend at Barber - we are going to make it up there in the next year though

Get notified of new replies

To Putnam Park Sept 13&14 (Sat-Sun)

Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by varkwso
we are running closer to home that weekend at Barber - we are going to make it up there in the next year though
You really need to Jeff. It is a good track and the 10/10ths format is one of the best around. Open passing in the red group keeps everyone paying attention and makes for a good fast lapping session. Of course, one should always be paying attention even in the green and yellow but, as we all know, that sometimes is not a given...
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

I have been to events with most major clubs and sanctioning bodies. This was easily the best run, most efficient event I have ever been to. It is unreal how much track time was available, and the level of people was dead on. No Green guys thinking they were the next Senna, no Yellow guys not paying attention, a stellar group of instructors.

Great job Bill and Danny. The 2 day event should be awesome.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:07 PM
ZO6NTHEWIND
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I'm signed up.

Great to hear that. I'm signed up!

Later,

David

Quick Reply: Putnam Park Sept 13&14 (Sat-Sun)