Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wilwood SL6's on the back of a C5???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:02 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Wilwood SL6's on the back of a C5???

Let's say I have a line on a good deal on some used SL6's (not sure if they're the wide's or not). They don't include any bracket or anything like that, but have SS lines intended for use on the front of a C5.

My questions are:
  • Are there any brackets out there that will let me use them on the back of my C5 with stock rear C5 rotors.
  • Will the SS lines intended for the front work?

-TJ

PS- I just ordered my G-Stop front kit so I think they'd be matched up well.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by tjZ06
Let's say I have a line on a good deal on some used SL6's (not sure if they're the wide's or not). They don't include any bracket or anything like that, but have SS lines intended for use on the front of a C5.

My questions are:
  • Are there any brackets out there that will let me use them on the back of my C5 with stock rear C5 rotors.

-TJ

You'll need a new master cylinder as they will take up to much volume.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:45 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may be able to use Wilwood's bracket for their rear 4 piston kit, and shim it to fit the stock or larger C6 Z51 style rotor. Their site has good pdf instructions for their kits that show the part numbers for those pieces.

Or go the easy route and use a front rotor in the back, then use a wilwood or LG front bracket - you would lose the parking brake though, and as pointed out above, may need to resize the master cylinder.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tjZ06

My questions are:

-TJ

volume problem as mentioned. First you need to see what caliper they are to determine the bracket. There should be a part # on the caliper. I put SL-4 on the rear.

Get notified of new replies

To Wilwood SL6's on the back of a C5???

Quick Reply: Wilwood SL6's on the back of a C5???