Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods For next year. Would like some input please

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 10:49 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mods For next year. Would like some input please

Well i have completeled my second season of AX competing in SM2 i never made it to topeka for the big show but i am looking forward to it for next year.

Now my agenda for next year is to compete in AX again along with taking in Few track days and possibly some TT type events. I'm also Signed up For the SORC (Sandhills Open Road Challenge) In the 100mph class with a Tech speed of 140. So what i'm looking to do is add a few mods to the car to help me out for next year in doing the Road Coarse the the Open Road Racing. In concerns of a wing and such this is what i am thinking of doing if you would please give some input on some of the mods.

1. Doug Rippie Radiator with Engine oil cooler

2. Doug Rippie Front Brake Ducts.

3. Possible Brake upgrade. (don't wana change my class in AX though)

4. Air Extractor hood Of some kind? (suggestion welcome)

5. ACI spoiler http://www.acivette.com/popup_images/AWF740.jpg
Not sure if this spoiler will really help but i like the look or should i be looking at something diffrent?

6. Wide body kit from Corvette RB The stealth or the ACP 11 Reason i have been looking at this is currently my wheels stick out slightly in the front and rear and i feel on the Road course and possibly the Road Race this could run as a hinderance for me. (again not sure if this would change my AX class but don't think so)

7. Doug Rippe trans and Diff coolers.

My car currently is a 99Frc updated to Zo6 standings Has a ls6 382 stroker motor the suspension is all Doug Rippie coilovers along with Hotchkins sway bars. full race seats with 6 point harness, and well only a 6 point roll bar. Will one day possibly update to a full cage or get a car that has one.

Oh my wheels the black ones are 18's with Lg Motorsports Ra1 take offs 275 front and 335 rears The silver AX wheels are 17's with Kuhmo 315 front and 335 rears. I run 1/8 spacers on the front and 1/4 on the rears so i dont have any rub issues may get by without but it'd damn close

Here are a couple pics. I'm getting it repainted white over the winter since the drivers side front fender is flaking from the previous owners paint job thats why i have been thinking body kit cause of this.

So what do you think? opinions suggestions? anything i'm open for interpritation

Thanks

Last edited by 97C5inSD; 11-13-2007 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 11-13-2007, 01:56 PM
rhneff
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 102 Posts

Brake upgrades are not a problem re. classing - Street Mod rule set is unrestricted in this area.

The wide body kit would move you to Prepared - SM rules allow modification/replacement of hood/front fenders/front & rear facias and side skirts but NOT rear fenders - those can only be flared per SP rules.

A wing can be added but must meet the 8 square foot area restriction.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:22 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for that heads up well the ACi spolier i was looking at is the small on that sticks up off the back so i should be good there.

Nice to know i'm alright on the hood then also.

As for the wide body kit guess that will get scraped no biggy just more money for racing then next year :-D
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

bump anyone else?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 AM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Well either i'm on the right track or no one likes me around here anymore
Old 11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
XPC5R
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't wish to mount a wing, ACP makes a 'ducktail' style rear spoiler that would help more functional. A small sfront spoiler/splitter would balance it nicely. I ran an ACI front lip for a long time and it worked well (just a bit fragile). I would top it off with a vented hood to add a bit more front downforce and stability at speed.

As Bob mentioned, brakes are unrestricted, so you would be fine there. An upgrade to wilwood front calipers (like the LGM kit) that uses the stock rotors would give you good power and great pad life, for a decent price.

Other than that, keep fresh tires on and learn to drive the heck out of it
Old 11-14-2007, 04:14 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey,
It was great talking to you the other day. I will make sure to wave as I past Kimball SD on turkey day! If you have anymore questions about our setups please let me know. Do you have poly bushings installed in the car??? If not you should.

Randy
Old 11-14-2007, 10:01 PM
97C5inSD
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Randy well your more then welcome to stop and take a look at the car. and yeah the car already has poly bushings makes nice squeky sounds lol.

I will have to swing by and take a look at the shope next time i run up to the cities mabey pick up a few of the mentioned goodies you give me a walk in discount? ;-)

Last edited by 97C5inSD; 11-14-2007 at 10:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Mods For next year. Would like some input please

Quick Reply: Mods For next year. Would like some input please