Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To my old Corvette road racing buddies...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Socalrebell
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To my old Corvette road racing buddies...

...from the SoCal area, I've been MIA because I sold my 2000 Viper RT/10, I just put my order in for this factory stock street legal car, here's a photoshop of the color scheme

Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 AM
2000BSME
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

wish I was in socal to spank that a$$ for you.

Sharp car.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

That is a beautiful car.

I look forward to running with you at SpeedVentures events.

Will you be running it at the Cal Speedway Roval December 1 and 2?

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Socalrebell
...from the SoCal area, I've been MIA because I sold my 2000 Viper RT/10,
Ron,

As I remember it, you've been MIA since your ill-fated, post-Viper "Mushbang" experience .

You've been away from OTR so long that when someone mentions "SoCal Rebell", most people think they are talking about a local rock band!

I want a ride-along when you bring the new viper to WSIR; with a Terry Rossi suspension set-up and decent tires, you should be turning Dearing-esque times in that thing (26:XX ?)
Old 11-11-2007, 12:37 PM
Z11409
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by joemoia
Ron,

As I remember it, you've been MIA since your ill-fated, post-Viper "Mushbang" experience .

You've been away from OTR so long that when someone mentions "SoCal Rebell", most people think they are talking about a local rock band!

I want a ride-along when you bring the new viper to WSIR; with a Terry Rossi suspension set-up and decent tires, you should be turning Dearing-esque times in that thing (26:XX ?)
Joe--You forgot Socalrebel hot lapping his Grand Cherokee at Willow--seemed to be suffering from body push in 8 and 9
Old 11-11-2007, 12:49 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z11409
Joe--You forgot Socalrebel hot lapping his Grand Cherokee at Willow--seemed to be suffering from body push in 8 and 9
"Socal hotlapping his Grand Cherokee"........isn't that an oxymoron?
Old 11-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Socalrebell
Intermediate

Haha, guilty of all the above In my defense my Grand Cherokee does have a Hemi and spanked a few Beemers I've been waiting for the '08 and when I found out about the street legal ACR I pounced. I won't be getting it till late spring/early summer but hopefully it will be worth the wait, I'm looking forward running against the new Z06s, they've been running over the Vipers lately it should be fun. Except for a rollbar & 5 points the car will be kept completely stock, here's some info 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - Auto News - Motor Trend

LOL Joe, I forgot all about the interim Mushbang car (selective memory) I figured a cheap full blown race Mushbang would fill the void for a while, but blowing 3 motors in 3 races ended it for me

Last edited by Socalrebell; 11-11-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:56 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Socalrebell
Haha, guilty of all the above In my defense my Grand Cherokee does have a Hemi and spanked a few Beemers I've been waiting for the '08 and when I found out about the street legal ACR I pounced. I won't be getting it till late spring/early summer but hopefully it will be worth the wait, I'm looking forward running against the new Z06s, they've been running over the Vipers lately it should be fun. Except for a rollbar & 5 points the car will be kept completely stock, here's some info 2008 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR - Auto News - Motor Trend

LOL Joe, I forgot all about the interim Mushbang car (selective memory) I figured a cheap full blown race Mushbang would fill the void for a while, but blowing 3 motors in 3 races ended it for me
IIRC, when you first brought the mushbang to WSIR, it was also "suspension & brake challenged".

Congrats on the new ACR, I think we tuperware fans will have to wait for the new ZR-1 to compete with that new clownshoe
Old 11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The new ACR looks awesome, good luck with it
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Socalrebell
Intermediate

Originally Posted by joemoia
IIRC, when you first brought the mushbang to WSIR, it was also "suspension & brake challenged".

Congrats on the new ACR, I think we tuperware fans will have to wait for the new ZR-1 to compete with that new clownshoe
Raced with TCRA and the Pantara Club at WSIR, also did Thunderhill with Luc's race group. I remember during the Pantara race I blew the motor after braking into #1 and gassing after the input. Everything went white with smoke in a 90 degree turn at 80-90, not fun

Is the new ZR-1 the "Blue Devil"? If so 750 hp in that light of a car is sick, maybe some Joe-shmo will be driving it and I'll have a chance

Get notified of new replies

To To my old Corvette road racing buddies...

Quick Reply: To my old Corvette road racing buddies...