Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up Timing Eguip and items we purchased (PICS).

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 12:44 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Picked up Timing Eguip and items we purchased (PICS).

Here is the equipment that we bought and picked up Saturday. there is 2 tag Heuer timers (705 and a 501 backup) and they both work excelent and look like new. The cones are in decent shape BUT will need to be cleaned BAD to remove all the rubber. We also got the trash cans, brooms, flags and all the other items to put on a event.

What do you guys think this is all worth? I think I got a good deal BUT want to see what you all think it is worth before I tell you what I paid.

Thanks
Phil
Old 11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

Don't bother cleaning the cones. They'll just keep getting hit anyways!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:42 PM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I'd think you might need more cones to make an autox course.

I'll bite on the value. Maybe $4k used? (more if the timing units are reasonably new)

Last edited by BQuicksilver; 11-05-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 PM
kam
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like nice stuff. no idea on the price. Cones don't look any more scuffed up than the ones used at Grissom. no need to clean them up. I'll just drive over them

By the number of cones we picked up at the end of the event at Grissom it looks like you have enough to set up a course.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:37 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

LOL you are all correct that the cones will just get ran over again and some by me im sure, BUT it drives me nuts that they look like they do.

For the price!!!!! Paid $350 for ALL!

I think there are plenty of cones for a NCCC event. If anybody has ran a SCCA event, they use ALOT of cones (double that NCCC uses) so im not sure there would be enough for those guys.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by SCCA VETTE
LOL you are all correct that the cones will just get ran over again and some by me im sure, BUT it drives me nuts that they look like they do.

For the price!!!!! Paid $350 for ALL!

I think there are plenty of cones for a NCCC event. If anybody has ran a SCCA event, they use ALOT of cones (double that NCCC uses) so im not sure there would be enough for those guys.
I'll pay $450 to take it off your hands. $100 easy profit. Great deal!! Those TAG timing units are several grand each when new.

I've helped set up a couple of autox events. I think the rule of thumb is about 250 cones give or take depending on the size of course.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:03 PM
SCCA VETTE
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BQuicksilver
I'll pay $450 to take it off your hands. $100 easy profit. Great deal!! Those TAG timing units are several grand each when new.

I've helped set up a couple of autox events. I think the rule of thumb is about 250 cones give or take depending on the size of course.
The receipt for the TAG 705 was with all the paperwork and they paid 3K for it alone. I have no idea what the small 501 cost and they do not make it anymore.

I have NO idea what we are going to do with it. We purchased it from a Corvette club that quit running NCCC events. I know where there is a old Nascar vendor trailer (side open) that I have been trying to buy that I would like to put it all in as a complete race ready setup. I know that there is alot of clubs that do not have equipment (ours included) that maybe we could rent the whole setup for a couple hundred bucks for a weekend to put on events (just a idea). If not maybe I will just get tired of triping over it and take your 450 to getit out of my way lol

Get notified of new replies

To Picked up Timing Eguip and items we purchased (PICS).

Quick Reply: Picked up Timing Eguip and items we purchased (PICS).