Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedcar Series?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 AM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speedcar Series?

Have you guys heard about this? I'm not sure about this, but the cars look an awful lot like the current pre-COT NASCAR's. I wonder if the series bought them up and started a race series in Europe?

I wonder how the series is going to be received in Europe. I hope that it creates some pressure to add a few more road courses for NASCAR here in the US.

http://www.speedcarseries.com/
Old 10-29-2007, 08:34 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

Well, I don't think they're ex-NASCARs. Engines are 6 liter, cars weigh 2600 lbs. NASCAR engines are 358 c.i. and weight 3500 lbs, IIRC.

As far as something like this pushing NASCAR to include more road tracks, nah. What will push NASCAR for more road races will be TV. Road races make some of the best TV watching.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 10-29-2007, 02:34 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

IIRC thery are ARCA chassis and have been built by Bob Schact Motorsports in NC. They were initial tested at VIR
Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by joemoia
IIRC thery are ARCA chassis and have been built by Bob Schact Motorsports in NC. They were initial tested at VIR
They definitely looked like some kind of a pre-COT NASCAR. I'm not sure about the differences between the ARCA, Busch and Cup cars, so I didn't know.

It looks like they are using a spec engine to keep the equipment as equal as possible. They'll have to add some ovals to their race schedule if they think that this is another route for ex-F1 drivers into NASCAR.

What's ironic to me is that I actually prefer to see OW IRL cars on ovals and to see NASCAR Cup cars on road courses.

Get notified of new replies

To Speedcar Series?

Quick Reply: Speedcar Series?