Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traqmate file share????

Old 10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Default Traqmate file share????

I'd like to get some files for Sebring, VIR, Autobahn, Mid Ohio, there arent always useful ones on the website.

I have some from Road Atlanta, Barber, Talladega GP and Roebling I can share as well.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 PM
linutux
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a session from VIR with Chin back in July 2007.
The car was a stock 2006 C6Z with the runflats except for the following:
SS Lines
Hawk HP+ Pads
DOT4

This was one of my first sessions without an instructor onboard, so I started to develop some bad habits.

The data unit wasn't mounted completely level front to back so the friction circle is skewed forward(braking) about 0.2G.

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

I used freedrive.com since I've been unsuccessfully trying to upload some files to the Traqmate website for almost a year now. I finally gave up.

Last edited by linutux; 12-28-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM
linutux
Pro

Default TraqMate Software

The TraqMate software is available as a free download.

They have some data files shared as well.

Last edited by linutux; 10-19-2007 at 08:54 PM. Reason: url
Old 10-20-2007, 12:33 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by linutux
The TraqMate software is available as a free download.

They have some data files shared as well.

Thanks for posting that.

I think this would be a great way to help each other out, though I know some guys are protective of stuff like this. I'll post files for whoever wants them.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:19 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Here is a session from VIR with Chin back in July 2007.
The car was a stock 2006 C6Z with the runflats except for the following:
SS Lines
Hawk HP+ Pads
DOT4

This was one of my first sessions without an instructor onboard, so I started to develop some bad habits.

The data unit wasn't mounted completely level front to back so the friction circle is skewed forward(braking) about 0.2G.

I'd be very grateful for any advice.

I used freedrive.com since I've been unsuccessfully trying to upload some files to the Traqmate website for almost a year now. I finally gave up.
It would be hard to give advice from looking at the session, and there are not many people who would be faster than you stock (dont know how clean the laps were, but definitely respectable times from what I've seen.)

Thanks
Old 10-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Those are really cool, I am going to get one of those. Looking at that file I can suggest not braking in the bend after 2, just feather the throttle, don't break through the esses, don't break in the hogpen. As you get more practice at vir, I think you will find at least 10 seconds more in a lap.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Timz06
Those are really cool, I am going to get one of those. Looking at that file I can suggest not braking in the bend after 2, just feather the throttle, don't break through the esses, don't break in the hogpen. As you get more practice at vir, I think you will find at least 10 seconds more in a lap.
His best lap time was a 2:14, which is good. You really think a 2:04 on runflats can happen? Now THAT should get him a racing contract immediately.

Yeah the traqmate is one of the best things going, and they update it frequently with new features you can download. I think it's awesome.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 PM
linutux
Pro

The excess indicated braking is due to the sloppy mounting job I did with the data unit(I just velcro'd it in the center console). It's tilted a little forward there and skews the brake/accel Gs about 0.2G. Also a lot of these laps were in traffic.

I still think I'm leaving at least 4 or 5 seconds though.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:20 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Originally Posted by heavychevy
His best lap time was a 2:14, which is good. You really think a 2:04 on runflats can happen? Now THAT should get him a racing contract immediately.

Yeah the traqmate is one of the best things going, and they update it frequently with new features you can download. I think it's awesome.
I guess I didn't look at it properly...I thought he ran a 2:22! In my stock 01 z06 I ran about 2:15 with stock (non runflat tires) and about 2:10 with hoosiers, so I would guess a new Z would have a bit more in it with comparable tires. 2:14 is not bad in any case!
Old 10-20-2007, 02:29 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

I guess I didn't look at it properly...I thought he ran a 2:22! In my stock 01 z06 I ran about 2:15 with stock (non runflat tires) and about 2:10 with hoosiers, so I would guess a new Z would have a bit more in it with comparable tires. 2:14 is not bad in any case!
He, did, but a few laps into the session he hit a couple of 2:14's. I just cant wait to give it a try up there.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Once you get the track figured out, you should be very fast. I can run a high 1:39 at road atlanta with the same effort it took to run 2:10 at VIR, and I think you were faster that 1:39?
Old 10-20-2007, 04:02 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Once you get the track figured out, you should be very fast. I can run a high 1:39 at road atlanta with the same effort it took to run 2:10 at VIR, and I think you were faster that 1:39?
1:35.6, I think I can run a 1:34 (maybe squeak a 1:33) on some new R6's.

I hope I can learn VIR quickly because I'd like to make a lot of trips up there. I hope we can get that Porsche-Vette thing with PCA going as I'd really like to take a ride with some of you guys, it did wonders for me at Barber in terms of learning the track quickly by riding at speed.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:36 AM
linutux
Pro

Here's a better session from the same day:C6Z-VIR-Full-July-05-2007-Session1
Depending on where you place "Start/Finish" there's a couple of 2:13s there.

And here's an analysis for all my sessions that day with segments.

Anyone care to post some sessions from Road Atlanta? It's next on my hit list...

Last edited by linutux; 12-28-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Here's a better session from the same day:C6Z-VIR-Full-July-05-2007-Session1
Depending on where you place "Start/Finish" there's a couple of 2:13s there.

And here's an analysis for all my sessions that day with segments.

Anyone care to post some sessions from Road Atlanta? It's next on my hit list...

http://traqmate.com/files/tqmfiles/1...20Dez%2011.tqm

This is one I downloaded from NASA TT in march. My car is 996 TT (S), ECU, Exhaust Coilovers, at that time on Pirelli Pzero Assimetrico.

I have some faster ones, but opted for this session because it was my fastest on street tires since that is what you are running, I have some faster ones on MPSC and Hoosier R3S03's as well.

The sessions are short because it's time trial and we were catching lap traffic very fast that weekend.

Get notified of new replies

To Traqmate file share????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Traqmate file share????