Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code TCS 1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction--Cause Engine to Shut Down?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Code TCS 1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction--Cause Engine to Shut Down?

Okay, here I go with another of my C5Z/Road Am trivia questions (and stories LOL)!!!

I was well into a session and there was some traffic and passing going on ahead, etc as I was driving from T3 to T5. I see a black flag being pulled out at T4 but was unsure if it was for the driver that passed ahead or what. My question was answered very shortly when I saw the black at T5 too—full course black, exit track asap.

I figure it’s going to be tight if we all try to cram out at the ext at T5 so I take the turn and go to accelerate up the hill—NOTHING!! I immediately put my arm out the window ans move to the outside of the track as far as I can coast past the rumbles. I was really hoping I would not have to pull off the track and tried quickly to turn the engine over—it started right away!

I thought it might have just been a loose battery cable again or something . Got back into the pits and found this code: TCS 1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction

I tried to hunt folks down to find out what it could mean—no luck and the problem never returned.

First of all what does this code mean? What problem does it indicate? Would it have caused the engine to shut down (or did I just do something goofy LOL)?

Thanks so much! (Hey I kept my post pretty short like I didn’t get into the reason for the full course shut down—You all would not believe how wild that event was!!)

Anita
Old 10-19-2007, 07:38 PM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Anita,

I have seen this code before and it so far it has always been intermitent. Do you think the fuel level was low? The fuel may have not picked up going up the hill to 6. Also did the traction control come on at 5?
I looked up the code and this is the description.

The Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module (EBTCM) supplies 12.0 volts on the delivered torque circuit to the PCM. The PCM toggles this 12.0 volt signal to a ground in order to produce a duty cycle signal. The signal is proportional to the amount of engine output torque reduction. In order to reduce engine output torque, the PCM reduces the amount of spark advance and in some cases the PCM disables a number of fuel injectors. This diagnostic tests for a delivered torque signal failure. If the PCM does not receive the delivered torque signal, this DTC sets.

The suggest looking over the wiring for the PCM and TAC modules as well as ground wires and any signs of corrosion.

I would look at the grounds right by the RF hood hinge, there will be a little black pack with multiple grounds I would look that one over first. See if there is any corrosion there or on the battery. These cars get pissy if there grounds are not making good contact. If you guys get stumped give me a ring.

Later, Joel
Old 10-19-2007, 08:13 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Well now you have to tell us what caused the flag!
Old 10-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
Anita,

I have seen this code before and it so far it has always been intermitent. Do you think the fuel level was low? The fuel may have not picked up going up the hill to 6. Also did the traction control come on at 5?
I looked up the code and this is the description.......

.........The suggest looking over the wiring for the PCM and TAC modules as well as ground wires and any signs of corrosion.

I would look at the grounds right by the RF hood hinge, there will be a little black pack with multiple grounds I would look that one over first. See if there is any corrosion there or on the battery. These cars get pissy if there grounds are not making good contact. If you guys get stumped give me a ring.

Later, Joel
Thanks so much for all the info!!! (sorry for the delay--for some reason I haven't been getting email notices for thread responses the past few weeks).

Anyway, for sure the fuel level was at least half full--I'm pretty compulsive about not getting out on track with it much less then that after experiencing fuel deprivation (and worry about what else was being deprived) in my M Coupe at Blackhawk once when going on track with like a quarter tank.

And I'm almost positve I didn't get into the ABS going into T5 because of all that was going on (I had slowed by that point I hope).

Again thanks for giving us something to start work on..intermitent, eh..not one of THOSE
Old 10-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Z06 Whisperer
Racer

Originally Posted by urslooow
Well now you have to tell us what caused the flag!
HA HA you ask for it now!

Okay I have to start out by saying the event last weekend up there just was a rough one over all--many incidents--there are other threads out there about it. (And I don't want to sound like (too much) of a gossip--I know I've been on the receiving end of hearsay on another board once.)

So this is what I saw coming around T7--to the right between T7 and T8 there was what I would call a badly damaged car perpendicular and partially on the track facing track. Fluids were coming out of the car, a few tires from the tire wall were scattered on the grass, people were standing there. Very fortunately there was no physical injury involved with that incident but they told us in the drivers meeting the next day that the safety director had immediately shut down the whole track for safely after the driver of the car got out of his vehicle and removed his helmet.

Like I said it just seemed like a rough weekend--there was even one injury--I later saw the driver and his family sitting in the lobby at the hotel I was at--again we were told publically that the driver had a badly sprained ankle. He was someone I had talked to at breakfast at previous events and didn't realize he was the injured driver. I hate to see that anyone ever gets hurt!!!!

The first two damaged cars were silver so a friend was teasing me that it was silver's day (I have a silver Z). When a third silver car was seen smoking in grid, he thought it was me!! Then later another person asked if it was me too. I have to tell you I was really using my good luck charm this event. No way am I going to say what it is.

It was tough having to help push someone I know's car into his hauler after he hit the wall in the kink too. I have a couple of theories as to why there seemed to be a larger then normal number of incidents at this event, but I've blathered on long enough (But I do have to say I have will be back to the same event next year.)

Last edited by Z06 Whisperer; 10-24-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Code TCS 1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction--Cause Engine to Shut Down?

Quick Reply: Code TCS 1276 Delivered Torque Signal CKT Malfunction--Cause Engine to Shut Down?