Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FATT at Summit Point Sept. 14th

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
JD21029
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FATT at Summit Point Sept. 14th

I was just wondering if anyone here will be at the Friday At The Track at Summit Point this Friday. It will be my first track day, and I've been looking forward to it for a couple months now. If anyone from here will be there, would love to say hi.

I'll be driving the 2006 MR MN6 coupe.

Jerry
Old 09-12-2007, 04:21 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I won't be there Friday, but have run Summit main a bunch of times. It is a fun, easy to learn track. You will have a bunch of fun !
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JD21029
I was just wondering if anyone here will be at the Friday At The Track at Summit Point this Friday. It will be my first track day, and I've been looking forward to it for a couple months now. If anyone from here will be there, would love to say hi.

I'll be driving the 2006 MR MN6 coupe.

Jerry
I will be there look me up. This is my first year tracking but Summit is my home track so I can maybe help you out. I will be trailering my car-big white trailer, Blue F150 towing and a yellow C6 Z06. You will note that all, but Rocky (some old white haired (but cool) dude who used to race motorcycles) and a certain forum member (JVP) will be looking at the Z with a lot of trepidation!!!

Look forward to meeting you. Speaking from experience, Summit is great place to start.

Geoff
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
ldcarson
Heel & Toe

I was there today, will be there tomorrow and half day friday. I saw a yellow Z06 and a Yellow Convertable vette along with a few porches and various other cars making some runs around the track. I am there for some US Gov training before heading to Iraq. Sure wish I could get out on the track with you guys, but we are learning a differnt type of driving....If they let me out of the classroom, I'll try and pop up to say hi. Were any of you out there today in Yellow Vettes?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:37 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be there Oct 12. with NASA and Nov 16 w/ BSR for FATT. It is a decent track, I like the Main. Easier to understand then VIR.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:09 AM
JD21029
Instructor

Geoff;

I'll look for you there! Sound like we will be in different groups, though.

Any last minute suggestions? Had the brakes flushed and pads replaced a couple weeks ago, so I think the car is ready. I understand they will give you a helmet if you don't have one.

Looks like great weather is in the forecast as well! Bring it on!

Jerry
Old 09-13-2007, 11:43 AM
MungoZ06
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '10-'11

Originally Posted by JD21029
Geoff;
I'll look for you there! Sound like we will be in different groups, though.
Any last minute suggestions? Had the brakes flushed and pads replaced a couple weeks ago, so I think the car is ready. I understand they will give you a helmet if you don't have one.
Looks like great weather is in the forecast as well! Bring it on!
Jerry
Have done 4 FATT sessions ... good intro to track ... level of instructors variable ... you should be fine ... got a lot of info to take in ... relax; get familiar with all the track stuff ... flags, flag stations, pit and grid protocol ... basics ... braking, downshifting, turn-in, apexing, tracking out, and looking ahead ...
OG racing has a shop at the track ... and a store near Dulles in VA ... you can look at helmets there ... ensure you try on the make and size you intend to buy ... get an SA rated ...
Have fun!

Get notified of new replies

To FATT at Summit Point Sept. 14th

Quick Reply: FATT at Summit Point Sept. 14th