Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 01:41 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default **VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race

Hi Guys,
This is the MOSPORT race in Canada two weeks ago.

This race was started on a wet track. The rain stopped just minutes before the cars lined up on the Pre Grid.

We made the choice to switch to a Dry set up and put the slicks (toyo DOT dry race tires) back on. we made the change with 10 seconds to go or we would have had to start last. no matter, I stalled on the start and went back anyway just to make it worse.

I could barely hold on for about 7 laps.

Needless to say the track didin't get dry enough until about lap 10 or 11, and with no yellow flag, it became a race against time to catch up to the leaders.

The Toyo tires are bad enough in the rain with the full tread (3/8") but when the dry tires are on, they are so slippery that you would not believe it.

But at any rate, with the track 90% dry toward the end, I came within just over a tenth of a second of the track record held by Fellows.

And when I was passing cars, I had to go off the dry line to get by in some cases.

Still a satisfying race and with one disabled car sitting right at the 160mph end of the straight, I was again shocked that the chief steward did not put out the yellow.

My thought is that if they would not start a race with a CAR PARKED ON THE SIDE OF THE TRACK-----then why would they allow the race to continue with a 3000 pound car waiting to be crashed into. I guess that a green race is more important than the drivers. (not the first time that the drivers have been left in danger and hung out to dry)

At any rate, a yellow would have almost guaranteed a win for us which is probably why it didn't happen.

Enjoy the video. Also check out the new sequential shift Holinger race gear box with "no lift shift".

Here is the video link:

http://www.lgmracing.com/lgm-0708-mosport.wmv

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti

http://lgmotorsports.com/gallery/alb...no_compare.jpg

LGM http://www.LGMotorsports.com
Winner Daytona 250
22 WC Wins

"Most powerful Corvette headers on the planet"
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Great Video

Love the new Holinger sequential.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice drive on smoothies! Your should gave a bunch of them plenty of LG in the rear view for a short time as you blow by them.

Last edited by John Shiels; 09-12-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM
jpobrien
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great video. You definitely had a ton more speed than those other guys once the track started to dry !

Get notified of new replies

To **VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race

Quick Reply: **VIDEO** LG Motorsports In car video from Mosport World Challenge race