Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need cooling suggestions and help

Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 AM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need cooling suggestions and help

Hey guys, I recently came across a really good deal on a Dewitts radiator so I pulled the trigger. I was going to do a Ron Davis but since I believe it's slightly taller than stock I couldn't use one since I have a supercharger intake that barely fits with the stock rad. Anyway I got the one with the EOC and TOC included. I know you don't HAVE to use both so I figured I might as well.

It's my understanding that the ones without additional coolers work better because they have more volume. Also you don't want to share cooling duty with the engine oil. My problem is I can't put the oil cooler in front of the radiator since the supercharger intercooler takes up 2/3 of that space, and I need all the flow I can get.

Should I just stick with the Dewitts with EOC and see if it works or go with a remote engine oil cooler. If so where would I put it? Also the TOC is for an automatic so do I even need to worry about tranny temps with the manual? 20 mins flat out is the most I'd ever run right now.

Thanks for your help,

MB
Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,917 Likes on 5,327 Posts

Go with the DeWitts and the built in EOC. The TOC can help as the 6 speed does get too hot when running laps. I have the GM T1 Tranny cooler (w thermostat control mounted to the tranny case) on my Z and it turns on after 3 laps at Watkins Glen. You could get a pump and some hoses and pipe the fluid to the cooler in the radiator. This is what the C6 Z51 tranny cooler does.

Bill

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need cooling suggestions and help