Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 race car for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:35 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 race car for sale

For sale C4 Race Car.

1985 bodied as a 1991. Car was built by Danny Kellermeyer of DJ racing. I have owned the car since 1999. It has been raced in the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs and The SCCA and Touring Challenge for Corvettes. It runs 1:17 at Blackhawk farms, 1:39 at Mid Ohio and 1:42 at Road Atlanta. The car has a current MCSCC and SCCA log book.
The car has a L98 built by FI systems and was rebuilt this winter. It weights 2700 lbs dry. The car is ballast to weigh 3000 lbs after a race with driver (current TCC rules) Custom air intake extending through front bumper using a stock size K& N filter. The body is stock with a lightened hood, Lexan front and rear windows, fiberglass roof panel. The interior is fully gutted, custom door panels and Dash. The cage is custom built by Danny Kellermeyer based on a Corvette challenge design and a rear member to hold the 22 gallon fuel cell. The rear member is an integral part of the cage and tied into the frame.

Motor: L98 with TCC restrictor. The motor is a four bolt block, forged crank, H-beam rods, JE pistons, pins and rings. The entire top end has been flow benched and ported. The cam is a custom grind. Long headers and 3 inch dual exhaust.
Acusump, setrab oil cooler and Ron Davis radiator with integral transmission cooler.
The radiator is the lay back style and the car has been converted to a MAP sensor car with a painless wiring harness. Custom Prom from F1 systems. DL1 Data logging system and wide band LM1 O2 sensor. The DL1 uses GPS and G sensors for track mapping and speed. The system logs, throttle position sensor, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, wide band O2, Map Sensor, and has one open channel. The DL1 can be configured to read any sensor outputting voltage so it is very flexible. The wide band O2 allows for tuning and guides reprogramming the Prom.
Clutch, 7 inch triple disc and lightened flywheel. Trans: 4+3 with manual OD switch
Suspension, Z51 springs and sway bars with adjustable rear sway bar.
Brakes, wilwood 4 piston fronts and stock rears, dual brake ducts front.

This car is well sorted and ready to race. Buy this car and go win in the TCC traditional class, it is well sorted for NASA HP to weight classes also. Track Days and SCCA ITE class.

edit. Thanks to scary fast I realized I did not include the spares. There are three sets of wheels, two mounted with dry tires, one with goodyear rains, extra front and rear rotors, brake pads, some new, front and rear, some just bed, springs, sway bars, extra computers, and a number of other misc parts.

$27,000.

The car is being raced and will be at Watkins Glen this upcoming weekend if you would like to see it race.
There is also a spare motor available.

Please e mail me with questions
MACRacing24@yahoo.com

If I can attach a photo I dont see how so if you would like a photo send me an e-mail above.

Last edited by MAC95 6SPD; 09-11-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:24 AM
AUTO_X_AL
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Danny is one of the best vette guys around. I would love to have that car but don't have the $$.

Here's a bump for a killer car!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:33 AM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Here's a couple of pictures that MAC95 6SPD sent me to host.

Link to full size is under picture

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/IMG_2102.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...e/IMG_2097.jpg

Good luck with the sale
Jeff
Old 09-09-2007, 02:39 PM
JRD77VET
Team Owner

St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

Old 09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Thanks for hosting the photos
Mat
Old 09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
A.D.Malmquist
Instructor

Good luck with the sale, Mat.

How's the new toy treating you?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:54 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Edit - makes much more sense now!

Someone buy this, we need more C4's out there racing and this one is already set up to run fast.

Last edited by ScaryFast; 09-16-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:28 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Adam, The VDR is coming along well the new tunnels and wing have been designed and are ready to be produced.
Hopefully the car will be ready for the Loong race and fall sprints in October.
Mat
Old 09-11-2007, 06:39 PM
MAC95 6SPD
Racer

Scary Fast, its not out of line to make the statement.
There are many factors here. It just depends on what you are looking for and what you want to spend.
I dont know what a bone stock ZO6 costs or what it costs to make it to a race car. I also dont know about the warranty but if GM honors the warranty after you put a cage in it and take it wheel to wheel then good for them. I would assume it would cost quite a bit more to make the Z06 into a race car than $27000.
This car is built to be a front runner in the Touring Challenge for Corvettes. I put the lap times in there to compare to other TCC traditional cars. The times this car runs put it at the front of that group every time. It has a restrictor and min weight according to the TCC rules.
If you are looking for lap times then I hate to say it but dont get the Z06 either. The pure race cars DSR, CSR, formula cars will beat my corvette and really any other corvette I know. I am not sure what the ALMS corvette ran at Road America but the DSR's ran 2:06 there this year.
The other problem with the Z06 is where do you race it and in what series. World challenge, not for $30K. SCCA ITE, it will all depend on who shows up for the weekend since its a catch all class. I dont know about NASA HP to weight classes but the torque of the L98 should be good there. Remove the restrictor and the extra weight and it will be faster still.
The TCC is a good place to take a corvette, race it against other corvettes and not race the other drivers pocket book. The rules are stable so the car will be competitive for a long time.
Finally, the price is also more than the car, This includes three sets of wheels, a number of spares, rotors, brakes, springs, sway bars, computers, etc. It also includes data logging including track mapping and wide band O2. If someone wants the car and no spares, data, extra wheels and a different motor all of these can happen for closer to 20K.

Does all this make the car worth $27K, I know how much it would take to build this car so to the right person it should.

Thanks for the input
Mat

Get notified of new replies

To C4 race car for sale

Quick Reply: C4 race car for sale