Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 or Pfadt Sway Bar which should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 08:38 AM
vettejockey
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T1 or Pfadt Sway Bar which should I go with?

I am wanting to upgrade my C6's sway bars to improve cornering and handling. Which way should I go and why. I have read up on both and they seem similar. The Pfadt Pfatty Bars are also an option any thoughts on those they read like they are more extreme. To get the most out of this upgrade should I upgrade shocks at the same time? My car as teh z51 suspension and is used for autocross and track days.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:31 AM
TommyBoy72
Pro

I had the same debate and opted for the T1 after two friends said they were very good balance-wise and the fact the newer model is adjustable on the rear bar. The Pdaft is much more adjustable, lighter, but ultimately softer so it depends. So thats the real defining difference, at least in my case along with the $300 difference. I don't regret my choice but since I didn't compare back to back I don't know what I am missing.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
speedneed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested in this also. Are the Pfadt Pfatty Bars softer than the T1's?
Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Yes.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:38 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Too easy: T1.

Race proven...bulletproof. Plus T1 sounds a helluva lot cooler than Pfatty...or whatever????

Leave the shocks and everything else alone. 99.9% of the drivers out there can't drive a stock Vette to it's potential...much less any other "upgrades" you may be considering. Save your money for seat time, safety, tires, brakes, rotors...repeat as often as necessary.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:30 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

If you like to tweak your car, then the Pfadts are a nice option. I've been really happy with mine, but I've also run T1 bars on several cars successfully.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:14 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you run DRM ducts, the Pfadt bars will force you to remove them. They say the C6Z ducts will work, though. The T1 bars shouldn't conflict with the DRM ducts.

I have the Pfadt Pfattys and I've ended up backing off to the C6 Z51/Z06 front bar, and base C6 rear bar. It's been a nice combo so far, we'll see with the new wheel+tire set up. Might go back to the Z51 rear bar.

I ran the Pfadt Pfattys full-stiff front, full-soft rear. They worked really well except for the cracked rotor... my suspicion was removing the DRM ducts, but I have no proof. I would love to try the Pfadt Pfatty front with a Pfadt Non-Pfatty rear bar! They're super pretty and worked really well.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:30 PM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedneed
I'm interested in this also. Are the Pfadt Pfatty Bars softer than the T1's?
Digging this back up...

Just wondering if the Pfadt bars really are softer? The chart posted on their website (below) shows that they are significantly stiffer, both front and rear. Am I missing something?

Old 10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pfadt has revised their swaybars several times since they introduced them while keeping the same names. I have the original Pfatty bars, which I believe were what became their second version street bars (when they went to straight arms), and I've no idea what changed with the new Heavy Rate, Light Rate, SS bars...

In short, not all Pfadt bars of a given name are the same...
Old 10-14-2010, 08:06 PM
throwit
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok...

So with the newest version being stiffer, and fully adjustable, does that definitively make them a better choice than the T1s?

I currently have the T1s and run the rear on full soft, which works well for me. But I think there may be some gain in performance to be had in switching to an overall stiffer setup, while maintaining an equal ratio of front to rear stiffness.

Does that logic make sense?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Autocross setup does not like big swaybars.

Steve A.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
IPS Motorsports
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
Autocross setup does not like big swaybars.

Steve A.
I would say this is commonly true, although again you have some outliers.

The sway bars I would use would be Pfadt Street Sways (which are still as stiff as the T1's like you can see in the above posted chart), typically the competition bars which are stiffer then T1 are a overkill for most occasions. The street sways still offer adjust-ability for autocross setups, HPDE days, also are as stiff as the T1 bars, and are lighter.

The adjustable inverted sport shocks from Pfadt also would be a nice combo with the sways, allowing you to change the dampening bias on the car, this is great for auto cross, and being inverted you take some sprung mass out of the suspension. These are excellent upgrade!

If you are looking for pricing as well I would extend our racer discount to you as well if you are interested. We can PM or email you pricing or just give us a call. Good luck

Regards
Old 10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
jayzelazo
Advanced

T1 front bar "may" work for autocross depending on your spring rates.

But the T1 rear bar is not even close. It will not work if you want to be fast.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 or Pfadt Sway Bar which should I go with?

Quick Reply: T1 or Pfadt Sway Bar which should I go with?