Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey Krause Harness Bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Brey Krause Harness Bar

anyone have fotos of this harness bar in a C6 z06? advice on install?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I helped my buddy Rich (DoingOK) install one on his C6Z. You have to remove some trim panels and cut them... once back together it looks oem.

You'll want some spare panel "push pins" and some 2-part epoxy handy as clips like to break. There are little black round pins that hold the trim in... these enjoy breaking. Also, there are 2 large white clips under the trim panel that hold it in and do the bulk of the work... those like to break too... have a 2nd set of hands to help you.

A few pics of the install:

Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 AM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

thanx f/ the fotos. where did you get the spare pins and other parts you said to have spares of? GM part#? other vendors for the spares? Is the height of the bar adjustable for driver shoulder height or does it have to install to certain fixed points? Best vendor?

It appears that you are using the bar w/ stock seats how's that working out? thanx again
Old 08-31-2007, 11:24 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by urslooow
thanx f/ the fotos. where did you get the spare pins and other parts you said to have spares of? GM part#? other vendors for the spares? Is the height of the bar adjustable for driver shoulder height or does it have to install to certain fixed points? Best vendor?

It appears that you are using the bar w/ stock seats how's that working out? thanx again
No clue... PM DoingOK it's his car. The bar is not adjustable as it's a fixed mount. I just offered up my garage and like cutting into cars
Old 09-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Mako7
Drifting

Get extra pins and clips. I had an installer put it in for me.

My bar is actually intalled so the strap guides are on the bottom side, but it makes no difference.

There is no comparision between this bar and others. (It cost more as well). This is quality piece, looks OEM, probably adds rigidity to the chasis and looks as if you could pick the car up by the bar!!

Last edited by Mako7; 09-01-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:54 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

As an engineer I'm still trying to understand how they load that bar, and keep it from rotating around.

Do the have any FEA analysis on it?
It's easy enough to do in SolidWorks.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:33 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mako7
Get extra pins and clips. I had an installer put it in for me.

My bar is actually intalled so the strap guides are on the bottom side, but it makes not difference.

There is no comparision between this bar and others. (It cost more as well). This is quality piece, looks OEM, probably adds rigidity to the chasis and looks as if you could pick the car up by the bar!!
Can anyone help w/ a part # for the extra pins and "clips" that tend to break? What is a reasonable time for a vette shop to bill for in hrs?

Get notified of new replies

To Brey Krause Harness Bar

Quick Reply: Brey Krause Harness Bar