Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone run with the F-Wash at Summit Point?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
cj68
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone run with the F-Wash at Summit Point?

I was thinking about doing the upcoming October Ferrari of Washington event at Summit Point main in October. Has anyone done one of their events? If so, how was it? There events seem to be a little bit more expensive than other groups ($265 a day... they provide all the frills and probably serve kobe and gruyere steak & cheese sandwiches and San Pelligrino for lunch).

The rules state that ALL run groups have to have a mounted fire extinguisher... is this strictly enforced?

Thanks,

cj
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM
racerbob4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a good group and they do feed you well. Get a cheap extinguisher from Home Depot at REston Ave. and Baron Cameron and wire-tie it to someplace handy. You will enjoy the day.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM
jwg2
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cj68
I was thinking about doing the upcoming October Ferrari of Washington event at Summit Point main in October. Has anyone done one of their events? If so, how was it? There events seem to be a little bit more expensive than other groups ($265 a day... they provide all the frills and probably serve kobe and gruyere steak & cheese sandwiches and San Pelligrino for lunch).

The rules state that ALL run groups have to have a mounted fire extinguisher... is this strictly enforced?

Thanks,

cj
Is there a link for others who might want to sign up?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Just realize, if there's an incident involving you and your Corvette, you will most likely be at fault, regardless of the facts.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
cj68
Pro

Originally Posted by jwg2
Is there a link for others who might want to sign up?
http://www.fwash.com/tce/even-signup.htm

Also, where is the best place to zip tie an extinguisher?

cj
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Alternatively, you could drive w/ NASA @ the same track on Oct 13-14. No fire extinguisher needed.
I've driven w/ the Ferrari guys @ Pocono and they've been pretty good, but I don't think a zip-tied extinguisher will pass tech.
http://www.nasaracing.net/
Old 08-28-2007, 10:03 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have always wanted to run with the Ferrari guys, but their rules are VERY strict compared to other...fire extinguisher, full race suit, shoes, gloves. They run totally different then every other club and are expensive. In the end I just don't have a race suit and nor a fire extinguisher and can run the track with the BMW club on 2 dates with same rules as NASA/PDA
Old 08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I have always wanted to run with the Ferrari guys, but their rules are VERY strict compared to other...fire extinguisher, full race suit, shoes, gloves. They run totally different then every other club and are expensive. In the end I just don't have a race suit and nor a fire extinguisher and can run the track with the BMW club on 2 dates with same rules as NASA/PDA
I ran the last 2 years with them at pocono long course. Most of them can't drive but they sure do look good in the matching race suits. I've never seen so many drivers wearing full race suits at a hpde. Even the beginner group was fully suited
Old 08-29-2007, 10:09 AM
cj68
Pro

Originally Posted by C5inWV
Alternatively, you could drive w/ NASA @ the same track on Oct 13-14. No fire extinguisher needed.
I've driven w/ the Ferrari guys @ Pocono and they've been pretty good, but I don't think a zip-tied extinguisher will pass tech.
http://www.nasaracing.net/
I'll be at that one too. I was also at the NASA event this past weekend... it was HOT on Sat.

Hey, didn't I ride with you on Sat?... just looked at your profile.

cj

Last edited by cj68; 08-29-2007 at 10:13 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cj68
I'll be at that one too. I was also at the NASA event this past weekend... it was HOT on Sat.

Hey, didn't I ride with you on Sat?... just looked at your profile.

cj
Son of a gun, I just recognized your initials. I guess you survived the rest of the weekend.
You will have a real leg up on most of the Ferrari's at SP. You may want to attend just for the fun of seeing all of those beautiful cars (as you go by them.)

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone run with the F-Wash at Summit Point?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone run with the F-Wash at Summit Point?