Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putnam Park/MVP track time this week

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:25 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Default Putnam Park/MVP track time this week

Putnam Park was a blast. Met a lot of nice folks and had plenty of track time. Not too many entrants with plenty of free track space to be had. It was a truly an eclectic mix of vehicle brands; lotus, noble, porsche, bmw, and, of course, GM in all flavors. No incidents except for a blown engine or two. It happens.

I improved my times considerably with the new poly bushings. It is amazing how well connected the vette is to the track after eliminating the OEM rubber suspension bushings. Unfortunately, the ride is not too great on the open highway. I am afraid I now have the Z06 relegated to strickly track work. But considering how well the car communicates track surface to me, I can live with that.

Thanks Mark and crew for a great event and look forward to many more.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by southern_son
Putnam Park was a blast. Met a lot of nice folks and had plenty of track time. Not too many entrants with plenty of free track space to be had. It was a truly an eclectic mix of vehicle brands; lotus, noble, porsche, bmw, and, of course, GM in all flavors. No incidents except for a blown engine or two. It happens.

I improved my times considerably with the new poly bushings. It is amazing how well connected the vette is to the track after eliminating the OEM rubber suspension bushings. Unfortunately, the ride is not too great on the open highway. I am afraid I now have the Z06 relegated to strickly track work. But considering how well the car communicates track surface to me, I can live with that.

Thanks Mark and crew for a great event and look forward to many more.

Arte,
Glad you had fun.
I am extremely that I missed it,

Kidney stone bout has me OOS for the past week and what looks like another the way things are progressing.
The car was all ready but still sitting in the garage.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:11 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WNeal
Arte,
Glad you had fun.
I am extremely that I missed it,

Kidney stone bout has me OOS for the past week and what looks like another the way things are progressing.
The car was all ready but still sitting in the garage.

Arte,
Glad you had fun, Putnam is a nice , safe track........Bushings make the car work Arte....you shousl try spring next..Have the Onks man hook you up

Bill,
Get better soon buddy......I'll put you next in line after Sams car (almost done), I'll set those Kidney stones free for you A ride through the uphill esses @ VIR ought to do it
Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Hey Arte!

Sounds like it was well worth the trip.

Two day event? Guess I need poly bushings soon?

joel
Old 07-24-2007, 11:01 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Wow, Bill, I hate that stone stuff for you. Hope it gets better real soon. Never had it but I understand fully that I never want it, either. Hang in there.

Joel, the street ride will rattle your teeth. The Polys are really only good on a very smooth surface such as a track (well, some are sorta smooth.. ) If you go far down the road with polys I have little doubt the car WILL shake apart eventually.

Danny, I am amazed at how well one can judge the slipping of the tires with my new setup. I had no idea that the tires were slipping and hooking up so much. Of course, I have now found pressures to be very critical when really pushing it. I always had my doubts about the nascar guys complaining about 1/2# pressures but not anymore. I had a couple of people come up to me after having timed me and one said I had an 81. I don't know if I can get into the seventies with the only other person I know that has, namely DP. I am going to look at my times on the videos, but that is just wishful thinking probably. I was able to push the rear end out with throttle for the lineup into dead bear (turn 8) and a little step out to the right with the rear for coming out of (8?) Amazing what Kumhos can do! JO has already lined up a couple of other improvements for me. Unfortunately, I am my only sponsor.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Bill,
Get better soon buddy......I'll put you next in line after Sams car (almost done), I'll set those Kidney stones free for you A ride through the uphill esses @ VIR ought to do it
I am ready for the cure Dr. Popp
Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 AM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Gents:

Thanks for the kind words on MVP Track Time's Putnam Park event. I'm glad everyone had a good, safe time. Thanks for joining us at the track. Bill get the stones fixed!

On a side note with a quick update on availability of spots for MVP Track Time's August 20th track day at Autobahn Country Club's full 3.56 mile track. As of this morning (July 25th) we have the following spots open:

Novice Group: 1
Intermediate Group: 6
Experienced Group: 6

Don't wait as they will be gone fast. You can register on line using Pay Pal at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

If you have any questions, contact me at (314) 249-3770. I hope to see you at Autobahn on August 20th.

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer

Last edited by Feffman; 07-28-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:39 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
Arte,
Glad you had fun, Putnam is a nice , safe track........Bushings make the car work Arte....you shousl try spring next..Have the Onks man hook you up

Bill,
Dan,
Will discuss your cure with the Doc on Thur

It has gotten much worse than when I was at your shop.
If the doc don't act soon, you will be the cure
Old 07-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Jason Staley
Melting Slicks

Received 145 Likes on 88 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Hi Arte, you were in the black vette, right? If so, thanks for loaning your helmet to my mother. She had a blast going around the track.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:21 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

You're welcome, Jason. The shark looked good on the track. I'll bet your mother will always remember that ride!

Get notified of new replies

To Putnam Park/MVP track time this week

Quick Reply: Putnam Park/MVP track time this week