Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 point sub belt mounting

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 6 point sub belt mounting

I finally go the Hardbar harness bar and lapbelt mount installed. I have the newer version of the lapbelt mount that includes anchors for the subs on a 6point. However, my Gforce subs are only 25" and I would guess they would need to be about 40" to be useful as I'm 5'8" and like to sit a bit close to the wheel (too many years of racing with manual steering I guess). Where are you guys anchoring your subs? This is my first 6 point, and I am trying to use it with a stock seat (just to keep the lap belts from riding up when I cinch up the upper belts. My previous belts have been 5 points with a race seat in other cars.

Gary, naturally chime in. I didn't want to bug you in case its an easy answer.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:45 AM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

You must be thinking 40" to run over the front of the seat cushion. Try parachute style sit on the subs then 25" should be ok.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly. Someone today pointed out to sit on the subs in a PM, naturally that worked easily. Thanks, very intuitive to point that out - I guess I never thought to sit on the belts.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:31 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Mount the sub belts under the seat in back. The sub belts should come up between the seat bottom and seat back, ie you sit on the sub belts, unless you have holes in your seat bottom under your crotch for the sub belts to come up though the seat bottom

Get notified of new replies

To 6 point sub belt mounting

Quick Reply: 6 point sub belt mounting