Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have any TByrne Group Buy Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:51 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anybody have any TByrne Group Buy Problems?

I ordered a set of Borla's for my wife's GTO on 7 Jun 07 from TByrne's as part of a group buy (apparently) and they billed me then. Every time I call they just say "two weeks". Since it is pushing 6 weeks I am wondering who else may be "waiting"?

Since they are for my wife's birthday it would be nice if they showed up before the next one .

thanks!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had 1 issue with them and will not buy there but it was not concerning a group purchase.

Recently there was a post in C6 general about them as well. Group buys or not, I don't think you should be billed anything more than a 10 - 20% deposit if the item is not shipped out right away.

Does anyone really think T. Byrne pays up front for the goods they sell to us?

Good luck with this....hope you have a back up plan for a gift!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
I ordered a set of Borla's for my wife's GTO on 7 Jun 07 from TByrne's as part of a group buy (apparently) and they billed me then. Every time I call they just say "two weeks". Since it is pushing 6 weeks I am wondering who else may be "waiting"?

Since they are for my wife's birthday it would be nice if they showed up before the next one .

thanks!
Gee sounds exactly like the issue I had with headers about 2 years ago. I ended up canceling the order after a couple of months or so and was charged a 10-15% Restocking fee for something I never received. Yes, I too was charged the full price at the time of order. I started a thread about this at that time.

My advice is to NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase from these guys.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Jeff,

You baught a muffler for your wife for her birthday??

God i love that woman.

Maybe next year you can get her some coilovers.....

Thats ok. I baught a vaccum cleaner for my wife for xmas once. I still hear about it....

At least it was an Orek. That dude on TV said they were the best.....
Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Geoff17
.... I ended up canceling the order after a couple of months or so and was charged a 10-15% Restocking fee for something I never received. .....My advice is to NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase from these guys.
I really, really hope they do not attempt this with me....

Mark, you mean a muffler is not appropriate? She told me last Christmas to not buy her any more jewelry...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Sorry to hear this. Sounds all too familiar They gave me a HUGE run around awhile back over the Borlas I ordered and they shipped but I didn't get. Many "stories" later My credit card company stepped in and got me a credit. I would NEVER recommend them. Do a search, there have been many posts about them.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:28 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
Jeff,

You baught a muffler for your wife for her birthday??

God i love that woman.

Maybe next year you can get her some coilovers.....

Thats ok. I baught a vaccum cleaner for my wife for xmas once. I still hear about it....

At least it was an Orek. That dude on TV said they were the best.....
My Borlas were one of the Best gifts ever
Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

All i know is that if next year you buy her a set of R6s im going to your house just to high five her for being so damn cool.

Hey have you seen the plans for that victory lane subdivision 60 miles west of savannah?

I think we should go in a and buy a house there. Ill split it with you. I think the lots are only 600k each.... Unlimited track time 365 days a year on a 4.5 mile road track. Can you imagine? It would be like being a drunk and living above a bar. LIke taking crack every day. I would be poor as hell but man i would have a great time.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:38 AM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Geoff17
Gee sounds exactly like the issue I had with headers about 2 years ago. I ended up canceling the order after a couple of months or so and was charged a 10-15% Restocking fee for something I never received. Yes, I too was charged the full price at the time of order. I started a thread about this at that time.

My advice is to NEVER NEVER NEVER purchase from these guys.
Sounds like they use GPs to enhance their cash flow??
Old 07-19-2007, 07:23 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Wait a min guys. No business may charge your CC before and Item is shipped. A business can only charge on the day the item is shipped or the service is rendered to you.

I think you have a ligitmate complaint to you cc company.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Hey Jeff,
There have been some issues in the past.

Their Website says potential ship 7/2............. and they do charge before the GP is closed.

I say call and speak to Tom Directly, tell them I sent ya, you want a drop dead ship date and that I am watching IAW our CF rules

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1118161

Old 07-19-2007, 08:45 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I met Tom on power tour last year, nice guy but i have heard many complaints about slow shipping
Old 07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by PA Z06
I met Tom on power tour last year, nice guy but i have heard many complaints about slow shipping
I met Tom on Power Tour two years ago. Seemed like a nice guy. One reason I bought my headers through him last year. They were slow also - nothing like this though. His customer service department leaves a lot to be desired though.

Steve I will speak to Tom, again, before I deal directly with the credit card company - they LOVE me by the way! I do not pay any interest but I sure process a lot of transactions...

here is my June 7 email....

"Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2007 3:25 PM
Subject: Your order

Hi Jeff,
This system is currently on backorder for about 2 -3 weeks. We have a special promotion through Borla and are able to offer a group purchase for their exhausts. .......

Thanks,
Tom"
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM
codysdad
Racer

Bought my Kooks from Snergy and it took 6 weeks also. I was pissed at first but loved the tune Rick gave my car. Anyway big difference I only left a deposit till they came in and work was done. Senergy might not be the cheapest or fastest but I'm very happy with my deal and that's all that matters.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Just off the phone with them. They now have to call Borla "to see what the problem is" after taking all of my information, again, to even find my order. Tom was "not available".

It went from one week to get them there to unknown .
Old 07-19-2007, 10:38 AM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the same problem on the Hotchkiss suspension GP several months ago. Shocks in stock and shipped quickly, sway bars took 4 weeks when 1 week ship promised. Could not get firm info after several calls. They billed card in advance. Will not use them again.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
Just off the phone with them. They now have to call Borla "to see what the problem is" after taking all of my information, again, to even find my order. Tom was "not available".

It went from one week to get them there to unknown .
I would cancel the order Jeff and then dispute the CC charge as never shipped. The bank should instantly remove the money from their account. Be sure to keep the email and a phone log.

Their merchant agreement does not allow for them to charge the card without shipping unless this is a part of their terms of sale.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody have any TByrne Group Buy Problems?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rbl
I would cancel the order Jeff and then dispute the CC charge as never shipped. The bank should instantly remove the money from their account. Be sure to keep the email and a phone log.

Their merchant agreement does not allow for them to charge the card without shipping unless this is a part of their terms of sale.
Jeff, cancelling the order is the thing to do but be aware of what they did to me. A restocking fee was charged. It wasn't worth my time fighting-I think they told me to read the GP "rules".

Anyway I hope a lot of people read this and stop buying from them-that is the best remedy.

As swas mentioned early, charging your card ahead of time is a real indication that a company is having cash flow problems. Another reason not to do business with them.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
Hey have you seen the plans for that victory lane subdivision 60 miles west of savannah?

I think we should go in a and buy a house there. Ill split it with you. I think the lots are only 600k each.... Unlimited track time 365 days a year on a 4.5 mile road track. Can you imagine? It would be like being a drunk and living above a bar. LIke taking crack every day. I would be poor as hell but man i would have a great time.
I have read a lot about that subdivision. I agree completely with your assessment. If you read it carefully, a member can have up to 10 guests at any time. I have a place outside of Savannah so I will be happy to be your guest anytime. I will even bring the after event refreshments-how is that for a deal?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by rbl

Since I was added to a group order (I did not know the stipulations when I was added) it states they bill at time of closing the GP or some such. In my case they billed me at time of order. I did not know they would until I got my bill a week later...my fault for not researching what GP meant to some degree. But when I asked about it they were down right "non-customer oriented" about it.

I will deal straight with the CC company if it gets to that since someone mentioned a "restocking fee" if you go through them.

Quick Reply: Anybody have any TByrne Group Buy Problems?