Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCCA rules flowchart

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Default SCCA rules flowchart

from: http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/for...?TID=5508&PN=1
Old 07-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

From that flowchart alone, it is undoubtedly understood that the SCCA is a bloated and top heavy organization that is waaay to p.c. And, "p.c." means BIG money can influence anything. Jeezus, most decision decisions flow through 20+ people! It's RIDICULOUS ! "Well, I'm sorry, you were too fast last race and we're adding 50lbs of ballast to the car"--- and all without any scientific measurement (on the pro level)

NASA, on the other hand, has taken a much more simplified approach to car classifications and rule generation on both the pro and amateur levels. The basis of NASA regulations stems from scientific measurements of weight to horsepower ratios and "mod points". It makes sense. It works. And, there are very very few exceptions. And, if there are exceptions, it goes to the regional director IMMEDIATELY. If it is a widespread problem, the National Director gets involved IMMEDIATELY.

And, to date, I'd bet that there are more people attending NASA events on a grassroots level than the SCCA. Someobody prove me wrong? Anyone have stats? NASA just makes sense!
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM
RX7 KLR
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker
From that flowchart alone, it is undoubtedly understood that the SCCA is a bloated and top heavy organization that is waaay to p.c. And, "p.c." means BIG money can influence anything. Jeezus, most decision decisions flow through 20+ people! It's RIDICULOUS ! "Well, I'm sorry, you were too fast last race and we're adding 50lbs of ballast to the car"--- and all without any scientific measurement (on the pro level)

NASA, on the other hand, has taken a much more simplified approach to car classifications and rule generation on both the pro and amateur levels. The basis of NASA regulations stems from scientific measurements of weight to horsepower ratios and "mod points". It makes sense. It works. And, there are very very few exceptions. And, if there are exceptions, it goes to the regional director IMMEDIATELY. If it is a widespread problem, the National Director gets involved IMMEDIATELY.

And, to date, I'd bet that there are more people attending NASA events on a grassroots level than the SCCA. Someobody prove me wrong? Anyone have stats? NASA just makes sense!
That is only for Solo (autocross) that is not how Club Racing or Pro works.

Get notified of new replies

To SCCA rules flowchart

Quick Reply: SCCA rules flowchart