Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I/O Port Brace with Hardbar

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I/O Port Brace with Hardbar

does anyone know if this will work? in the description of the brace it says it fits up to 1.75" bars but in the instructions it says the outer bolt holes can be used for 2" bars, in which case it should work. anyone done it before?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ltborg
does anyone know if this will work? in the description of the brace it says it fits up to 1.75" bars but in the instructions it says the outer bolt holes can be used for 2" bars, in which case it should work. anyone done it before?
Works fine. (Was going to post a photo then I found out I didn't have one) Anyway that's the same system I have and it works great. In fact later today we're installing another IO Port seat brace on my buddy's Hardbar to stabilize his new Ultra Shield seat.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I need to get off my *** and order the seat back brace.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
ltborg
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome, just what i wanted to hear. getting a couple on order for the weekend. thanks
Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ltborg
awesome, just what i wanted to hear. getting a couple on order for the weekend. thanks
Just finished the install on the Ultra Shield seat with an IO Port brace on a Hardbar. TIP!!! Go get some 4 1/2" X 1/4" carriage bolts to replace the 3 1/2" bolts IO sends. Failure to do this can result in disabilitating stress and frustration. I forgot I had done that when I installed the two braces in my Z.

Get notified of new replies

To I/O Port Brace with Hardbar

Quick Reply: I/O Port Brace with Hardbar