Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know the thread with pics of the recirculating brake lines from bleeders to MC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone know the thread with pics of the recirculating brake lines from bleeders to MC

I think the guy had a C4. He plumbed lines from the bleeder screws back into the master cylinder to allow fluid recirculation to prevent the need for bleeding and to keep cooler fresh fluid in the calipers. I just searched for a half hour and couldn't find it. Any help?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 AM
anotherone
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-07-2007, 12:44 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A lot of the rally guys use this. Works great I guess.

Randy
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Basicly he made return lines back to the mc which emptied into an adapter block with a valve in it that opened when there was negative pressure in the mc (when pedal was lifted).

Last edited by Dr Chill; 07-07-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

FOUND IT!!! And the guy's actually a forum sponsor.

Recirculator

I can't find any info on his site, but I called him and left a message. I wonder if this would work with ABS.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 07-07-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 01:56 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I have it on my GT1 car. It requires 2 check valves mounted as close to the M/C as possible. It is a fantastic thing, it always is self bleeding and the pedal is super firm. I don't know how it works with ABS, but I know the rest of it.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

Originally Posted by ghoffman
I have it on my GT1 car. It requires 2 check valves mounted as close to the M/C as possible. It is a fantastic thing, it always is self bleeding and the pedal is super firm. I don't know how it works with ABS, but I know the rest of it.
Gary, do you think you can put a kit for this together?
Old 07-07-2007, 02:54 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Yes, but it depends on what calipers etc. Please give me a call to discuss.
603-682-8073
Old 07-07-2007, 04:56 PM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I use DPI recirculator on all my race cars. Works very well. On stock type calipers you simply remove the bleeder screw and replace it with a fitting to attach a -3 soft line then fabricate a hard line (one per side)back to the m/c where the recirculator unit is mounted and plumb in there. On four piston calipers you need a crossover tube. Some, like stoptech, there are not crossover lines available because the bleeders screws are too small. they would need to be tapped larger and custom crossovers added. There are many benefits to these systems and one is that flushing the fronts is just a matter of cracking open the bleeder on the recirculator. There will never be any air in there because the system self bleeds every time the brake pedal is cycled. There is no way to put together a kit because the hard lines need to be custom bent. You simply need a handfull of -3 fittings, two -3 soft lines, the recirculator, and the adapters that replace the bleeder or crossover if using stock car type calipers, wilwood, sierra, etc. I only do these on the front. Rear is not necessary.

-V
Old 07-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Dr Chill
Drifting

DPI Recirculator

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know the thread with pics of the recirculating brake lines from bleeders to MC

Quick Reply: Anyone know the thread with pics of the recirculating brake lines from bleeders to MC