Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardbar Camber plates

Old 07-05-2007, 05:52 PM
danswofford
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardbar Camber plates

I've got a set of Hardbar's Camber plates for my C5Z sitting on a shelf waiting to be installed. I've been wondering about alignment after the install. I don't think my usual alignment shop is going to be able to align the car using washers on the upper A-arm attachment points. I would be able to do that camber but not caster. Any help from those who have gone through this?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 AM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I put the camber plate and stud kit on my C6; I didn't even bother to check the caster after setting the camber. Car feels great. If you use a SmartCamber tool you can check your caster as well as the camber.
You can adjust your caster by using a different number of spacers on the front studs as compared to the rear.

The Hardbar alignment tool also made setting toe & thrust angle nice and easy...
Old 07-06-2007, 06:59 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They can align it...don't worry about it. And don't be concerned about caster - it is what it is. You may not be within the GM factory alignment specs for caster, but you'll never notice it and the car will still handle beautifully! Just get the camber and toe set where you want them!

Get notified of new replies

To Hardbar Camber plates

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hardbar Camber plates