Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any C6 autocrossers here? Need Advice for a novice with an 07.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Default Any C6 autocrossers here? Need Advice for a novice with an 07.

My friend has a 07 Z51 A6. The only mod on it is cat back exhaust. He wants to start working the car to be a better handler, as we all do, but wants advice, tips, tricks on making her handle better. If you have any thing to help out please post. He is currently looking at sway bars, tires
,he is still abusing the factory Eagles, and alignment, but here in Hawaii and "dial up for him" he doesnt get have much to go on.
Thanks in advance, Steve
ps My new BFG KD's replaced my old BFG KD's were a huge difference.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,387 Likes on 742 Posts

How long has he autocrossed? If not long, then send him to the sticky at the top of this forum.

HTH, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
How long has he autocrossed? If not long, then send him to the sticky at the top of this forum.

Mike
This is the start of his second year. He has dial up and his work wont let him get on here, so I am asking for him. The people at the track give lots of advice, but no one even has a C5 out there, let alone a C6 other than one C6 ZO6.
Just looking for what works on these cars. Granted they are new and havent been run much.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Bluntly, if it's his second year, don't do any (I mean *any*) mods to the car, other than a harness bar and a harness. Note that I don't count dedicated tires in that group.

The harness bar/harness will allow your friend to concentrate on driving the car. If he wants dedicated track tires, then I'd recommend a good street tire, like the Kumho MX, or an intermediate (Toyo RA-1s, Kumho V700s, etc.), not Hoosiers or Kumho V710s.

Mike
Old 07-03-2007, 02:42 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Bluntly, if it's his second year, don't do any (I mean *any*) mods to the car, other than a harness bar and a harness. Note that I don't count dedicated tires in that group.

The harness bar/harness will allow your friend to concentrate on driving the car. If he wants dedicated track tires, then I'd recommend a good street tire, like the Kumho MX, or an intermediate (Toyo RA-1s, Kumho V700s, etc.), not Hoosiers or Kumho V710s.

Mike
He does have an extra set of wheels, stock C6 type.
I have a harness in my C4 and it definitely keeps you situated.
I quickly went to the tires rack, and there arent many tires available in stock sizes.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:01 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Depending on the classification he's running in, if he's competitive, etc., he might be able to get a set of Z06 rear repos for all four corners and run on those for quite a while.

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 07-03-2007, 03:29 PM
steve40th
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '03 & '05

Depending on the classification he's running in, if he's competitive, etc., he might be able to get a set of Z06 rear repos for all four corners and run on those for quite a while.

Have a good one,
Mike
Well he going too use the stock C6 wheels as he just bought them. So, he is kinda stuck with tire that fit those rims. I need to see what size tires will fit on those rims without being too big or too narrow, yet would benifit.

Get notified of new replies

To Any C6 autocrossers here? Need Advice for a novice with an 07.

Quick Reply: Any C6 autocrossers here? Need Advice for a novice with an 07.