Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DavidFarmer Camber Treatment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Fun Stuf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DavidFarmer Camber Treatment

So I talk Davidfarmer into working on my C6Z for the up and coming VIR event with the NCM. I have only seen his posting on the forum, but never have met him in person. What a class act!!

I never have been too familiar with the suspension of these cars, but David was very helpful in explaining what he was doing and didn't mind at all when I constantly kept asking him questions about the car.

Anyway, he did the Davidfarmer washer shuffle and the front is at -1.9 and the rears are at -1.4 camber. He had to move 2 washer from both the front and the rear. Apparently mine from the factory was not as aggressive on the camber as the yellow one he worked on. He then adjusted the toe and then set it back down. The amazing part is he adjusted the toe pretty much guessing based upon his work on the yellow one. When it was checked it ended up being 1/8 toe in at the rear and 1/32 toe out at the front. So we left it there.

Now maybe Falcon won't beat my dash up anymore yelling gas...gas...gas... (Yes I have 2 hours of video's to prove it while he was instructing my wife's driving. )

On my way home, I decided to take an on ramp a little quick to see if I could tell a difference, and man that did wonders. I cannot wait to get it to the track and see how it does. This week is going to kill me waiting...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:45 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Camber is the thing that makes a track car a track car.

Randy
Old 06-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun Stuf
Now maybe Falcon won't beat my dash up anymore yelling gas...gas...gas... (Yes I have 2 hours of video's to prove it while he was instructing my wife's driving. )
Hey Cliff!

I hope I didn't scare her away from the track. It was a lot of fun and she was a good student.

BTW, I think the dashboard repairs should be covered under warranty!

See you next week!

Now........GAS! GAS! GAS!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:56 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I think there will be a lot of GAS!GAS!GAS! expended on the WAY TO VIR this weekend!

I'll be house shopping on Sunday, so I won't be able to join you guys until Monday morning!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:47 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Fun Stuf
.............. Apparently mine from the factory was not as aggressive on the camber as the yellow one he worked on. ...
You lost me here. Did GM change the alignment specs over the model years (which seems feasible), or are you saying that GM was inconsistent during your model year? Just curious.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:51 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

There is a plus/minus range in all alignment settings. The Z06C6 is something like -1.0 +-0.5, which would make -.5 to -1.5 OK.

Somewhere up in the HPDE "sticky", there is a link to ALL of the OEM alignment specs, as well as some recommended track settings.

Fun Stuffs car was on the low end of the camber spec, our car is on the higher side from GM.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

here are the C6 settings.... OEM is -1.05 to 0.15 in the front! That is the difference between having a great track weekend, and chording a tire in 2 sessions!

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/toom...6alignment.htm
Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cliff - good to hear it went well...dave is top notch, just like his work on these cars

Cant wait to sit in the right seat around VIR! Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Get notified of new replies

To DavidFarmer Camber Treatment

Quick Reply: DavidFarmer Camber Treatment