Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gary and HardBar got a good endorsement...

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Gary and HardBar got a good endorsement...

in GrassRoots Motorsports magazine this month.

In Pasterjak's article about the C5 project he gave Gary kudos for his quality parts.

Congratulations, Gary!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:40 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree. His parts are also a work of art.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Seat rails are awesome... finally could get the seat low enought to fit properly.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:41 AM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

I'll have to hit the newstand after work
Old 06-19-2007, 11:24 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
in GrassRoots Motorsports magazine this month.

In Pasterjak's article about the C5 project he gave Gary kudos for his quality parts.

Congratulations, Gary!
Well deserved....

But I did have a hard time getting by the seat recovering....
Old 06-19-2007, 08:09 PM
jpasterjak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varkwso
Well deserved....

But I did have a hard time getting by the seat recovering....
Yeah, I figured I'd get a hard time about that from someone. Look, it didn't make the car any faster, but the stuff is waaaaay better than what GM put on there, and it makes the car easier to live with, and it's easy enough for anyone of reasonable skill to do, so we felt it was a worthy story. When I was shopping for my car, it was actually one of the things that concerned me quite a bit, the fact that nearly every car I looked at had pretty marginal seats. Here's a way for the DIYer to save a few bucks and make things nicer at the same time.

The next issue is going to have a look at the dyno testing we did, including the exhaust install and some tuning we did with Diablosport. I'm actually writing the story right now, believe it or not. One of the things that surprised me a great deal—one of those "I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it for myself" type of things—is that we picked up several hp just by switching brands of gasoline.

And, yes, Gary makes some seriously awesome stuff. Just looking at it and holding it in your hands it gives an impression of quality. We're happy to have him on board.

J.G. Pasterjak
Grassroots Motorsports
Classic Motorsports
Old 06-19-2007, 09:05 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
I agree. His parts are also a work of art.
Just got a universal mount from Gary,
Great product and quality
Old 06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks everybody, I am honored. We just basically make things that we want, and it turns out that you guys happen to like it as well. Thanks for all the support.
Gary
Old 06-21-2007, 11:13 AM
drbenne
Instructor

Gary certainly deserves credit for offering many unique parts for the vette that make driving these cars more safe and with better handling/braking. However, just so everyone knows, he really is an engineering nerd who spends too many hours thinking about this stuff.

Gary was gracious enough to come out to calif last year to help me out at an SCCA race at buttonwillow. After a long day in the sweltering heat, we are on the drive back home and he starts talking about a device to make alignment measurements easier. I am just trying to veg out to some nickelback and get mentally prepared to return to the reality of going back to work the next day.

By the next morning, on our way to the airport, he has some preliminary drawings of the alignment tool that he now offers. Because of this, I take some credit for the making of the tool as he was probably tired of hearing me bitching about the frustrations of doing alignments at the track.

Seriously, Gary is a very gifted design engineer and created Hardbar so he could share the parts he makes with the rest of us. His parts are well made and he is always available to discuss problems or offer advice.

Thank you Grassroots Motorsports also for a great magazine.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Meh...his stuff is ok....

Old 06-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Question for J.G.,

Why didn't you all put the Sport seat foam and skins on? This way you could run a harness throught the seats...

Adam
Old 06-21-2007, 04:24 PM
jpasterjak
Advanced

Originally Posted by Adam Boca
Question for J.G.,

Why didn't you all put the Sport seat foam and skins on? This way you could run a harness throught the seats...

Adam
Hindsight being 20/20, I probably should have done that. The main reason I didn't, though, was for legality. While going to sport seats would have been fine for NCCC Group I, it wouldn't have been legal for SCCA stock class, since the sport seats weren't offered in that model in that year. However, I run a lot more NCCC than SCCA, so I probably should have upgraded. Live and learn.

J.G. Pasterjak
Grassroots Motorsports
Classic Motorsports
Old 06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Glad I run NASA TT. Jake's used $125 Corbeau keeps you behind the wheel and saves weight too. The driver seat we took out was actually in pretty good shape also...

Now if Hardbar only made a &^*^)(^(^* oil cooler fitting for the block. The one on the car is leaking from the rear (return line) now - this oil cooler has been a PITA. Of course I might have to do a little grinding on it, eh Gary ....
Old 06-22-2007, 02:29 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by varkwso
Now if Hardbar only made a &^*^)(^(^* oil cooler fitting for the block. The one on the car is leaking from the rear (return line) now - this oil cooler has been a PITA.
Jeff I don't understand, doesn't somebody like Peterson or Canton make one already? With Solidworks and Haas CNC I think it would be no issue to do one first class but please let me know wht you have now. How about a pic or 2 of what you have now and why is it not correct...
Canton's version:

Last edited by ghoffman; 06-23-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:18 PM
C66 Racing
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Just got my Grassroots yesterday and read that article last night. Congrats Gary!

C66 Racing #66 NASA ST2, SCCA T2
AMSOIL Dealer (Forum Vendor)
AMSOIL Ordering Information (Retail sales using reference #1206638 benefit the forum.)
AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program (Members buy at Wholesale - a savings of about 25%)
AMSOIL Catalog

Old 06-23-2007, 05:27 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran

Thanks Brad, I can't wait to see it myself now! Again, Thanks to JG and the GRM staff.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:43 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ghoffman
Jeff I don't understand, doesn't somebody like Peterson or Canton make one already? With Solidworks and Haas CNC I think it would be no issue to do one first class but please let me know wht you have now. How about a pic or 2 of what you have now and why is it not correct...
Canton's version:
I believe the one I have is from LGM. It does not appear to be CNC made according to my machinist. The problem is the machined female fittings for the AN fittings has too large a o-ring diameter and does not compress the o-ring on the AN male fitting. Not one of those items to normally look at with a inside micrometer when you install. The dang thing leaks....

Get notified of new replies

To Gary and HardBar got a good endorsement...

Quick Reply: Gary and HardBar got a good endorsement...