Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running DBA rotors?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:14 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone running DBA rotors?

I need another set of rotors and I'm thinking of trying the dba z51 slotted rotors. I have been satisfied with the stock z51 rotors except for the reverse cooling on one rotor causes premature cracks. I also think the holes are acting like a cheese grater and eating my pads up. I'm going thru a set of carbotech xp10's in 2 weekends.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 AM
z060ntrack
Drifting

I'm not sure what the DBA "Z51" rotors are but I use to use the slotted DBA's on my 2001 Z06 and loved them. I got them from LG and the cheeks were fat and lasted forever.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:34 PM
speedneed
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the DBA slotted rotors on my 06 Z06. No problems at Road Atlanta, ran Sebring with Chin Motorsports weekend before last and warped both front rotors afternoon on 2nd day. Not happy with them.
The Carbotech 12s I use on the front only last a couple of weekends too.
I think I'm going to go with RP rotors and Hawk race pads. Read some posts with good results on that combo.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

ANY non-drilled rotor, including down-grading to non-Z51 stockers, will be an improvement for rotor life. Like speedneed, I think we're going with RB's rotors (but with HP+ pads) on our Z.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 02impactblue
I need another set of rotors and I'm thinking of trying the dba z51 slotted rotors. I have been satisfied with the stock z51 rotors except for the reverse cooling on one rotor causes premature cracks. I also think the holes are acting like a cheese grater and eating my pads up. I'm going thru a set of carbotech xp10's in 2 weekends.
I ran the Z51 13.4" front rotors on my Z06 (with my 17x9.5 wheels) for the last two years. They lasted better than the stock 12.8" C5 rotors at tracks like Road America. Never had an warping or severe cracking issues using Wilwood H pads that would last about five events, CarboTech XP10's would last only for about three events. I recently went with 14" rotors/multi piston calipers and 18x10.5 wheels all around.

Get notified of new replies

To anyone running DBA rotors?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone running DBA rotors?