Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
threewinmag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corbeau Fitment

Well, stupid me. I own a C5 (see sig below for details). I ordered a new set of Corbeau A4's and, trying desperately to be smart, also ordered the double locking rails and the 5 point belts for each side. The reason I say I tried to be smart is that I thought that by ordering all pieces from ONE manufacturer, I'd get good fitment. Wel, again, stupid me. First, I found through the forum that I needed to use the passenger side on the driver's side and vice versa. That's stupid, but...whatever. Corbeau DOESN'T make sub-belt bars (why, I have no idea) so I'm forced to go outside and buy bars from someone else. Well,...F! I spent three hours tonight trying to get the passenger side together and the F'ing studs are too short and i can't get threads through the rails and bars. F!

I'm really frustrated. Why doesn't this S fit?

Question? Yeah, i got one. Has anyone tried to put A4's on the stock rails? I wonder if they'll fit? Anyone have any others suggestions before I put brand new seats and seat brackets and sub-belt bars and 5 point harnesses on the For Sale section?

Pissed.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:05 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by threewinmag
Well, stupid me. I own a C5 (see sig below for details). I ordered a new set of Corbeau A4's and, trying desperately to be smart, also ordered the double locking rails and the 5 point belts for each side. The reason I say I tried to be smart is that I thought that by ordering all pieces from ONE manufacturer, I'd get good fitment. Wel, again, stupid me. First, I found through the forum that I needed to use the passenger side on the driver's side and vice versa. That's stupid, but...whatever. Corbeau DOESN'T make sub-belt bars (why, I have no idea) so I'm forced to go outside and buy bars from someone else. Well,...F! I spent three hours tonight trying to get the passenger side together and the F'ing studs are too short and i can't get threads through the rails and bars. F!

I'm really frustrated. Why doesn't this S fit?

Question? Yeah, i got one. Has anyone tried to put A4's on the stock rails? I wonder if they'll fit? Anyone have any others suggestions before I put brand new seats and seat brackets and sub-belt bars and 5 point harnesses on the For Sale section?

Pissed.
The studs are pretty short, but if you trim a little carpet away you should get the sub bar to fit. I've installed a couple now and they do go in. Not easily, but eventually.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:12 PM
threewinmag
Racer

Cut the carpet already.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:19 PM
tcmc5
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I used a Corbeau Forza I drilled holes in the mount crossbar and attatched the subbelts. Worked fine.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 AM
threewinmag
Racer

bumping it back up for the morning crew.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Independent1
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Sorry to hear about your problems. Getting after-market seats to work in the C5s can be difficult. I know the Corbeau A4s can be installed in the C5. Several forum members have successfully done so. I know American HP is one who has done this.

I know Corbeau sells seat rails to go with the A4s. You might try giving Gary at Hardbar USA a call, he is a forum sponsor. He sells seat rails, harness bars, and harnesses. He might be able to help you.

If you try doing a search with corbeau as your search term you might come up with some more info. Include the archives, all C5, and the autocross/ roadracing section. There was a Corbeau GP a while back and a number of forum members bought seats. Some with good results, some not so good.

Good luck.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

I'll tell you now... stop screwing around and just get a Kirkey or Ultrashield seat w/ a Hardbar fixed seat mount.

For the past few years I've been trying to find a seat that I can use full time, but that will still be awesome on track.

I tried a set of Sparco Roadsters, but my 6'4" 250 self was in a large amount of discomfort after 20 min of driving and they sat too high.

I sold those and decided to hold off on a good seat until I get a truck/trailer. I have that now so I got the "good" seat.... an Ultrashield Pro Roadrace. It's a 17" width seat and 20 degree layback.

This is the first seat that fits me that fits in the car... it was amazing to really drive the car this weekend w/o having to fight w/ my interior.

The big surprise is how comfortable the seat is... Im not taking it out except for very long road trips. If your car is a DD I don't think I'd recommend it, but mine is a track car, weekend toy, etc.

Some pics...

Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have that now so I got the "good" seat.... an Ultrashield Pro Roadrace. It's a 17" width seat and 20 degree layback.

This is the first seat that fits me that fits in the car... it was amazing to really drive the car this weekend w/o having to fight w/ my interior.

The big surprise is how comfortable the seat is... Im not taking it out except for very long road trips. If your car is a DD I don't think I'd recommend it, but mine is a track car, weekend toy, etc.

I have had the same problem you had and have yet to find a seat to buy. We are close to the same size and so wondering if you could tell me the details of what you bought. What I am looking for is the exact model numbers, etc of each individual part you ordered and where would also be helpful.

many thanks,

Ed
Old 06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
I have had the same problem you had and have yet to find a seat to buy. We are close to the same size and so wondering if you could tell me the details of what you bought. What I am looking for is the exact model numbers, etc of each individual part you ordered and where would also be helpful.

many thanks,

Ed
First go to http://www.ultrashieldrace.com/, then click ROAD RACE SEATS on the left. You can get the Delux Road Race Seat or the Pro Road Race Seat. I purchased a Pro Road Race Seat from http://www.racerwholesale.com/ but I cannot seem to find them on their site now. The seat was around $190 and the cover was $100ish from that site.

To mount it I went with a Hardbar seat mount kit from Gary @ Hardbar
http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...products_id=45

Get notified of new replies

To Corbeau Fitment

Quick Reply: Corbeau Fitment