Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsis - Interested in Karting Event?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsis - Interested in Karting Event?

I'm putting on a Karting event for people at work and we came up a couple of spots short.

We'll be running at http://www.mrpmotorsport.com/michianaracewaypark.htm

$350 for the afternoon, 4 hour timeframe. We'll get about 2.5-3.5 hours of track time in 100cc Yamaha race karts.

We'll start at 10, done about 5-6 hours after.

Everyone there has track experience, you don't need any, but no cowboys/girls either. 90 percent of the people there will be from Chrysler.

We will have a track walk and some instruction from the staff there. Its a basic school.

They say we'll do about 125-150 laps each, at 3/4 of a mile long track. Obviously you'd be dead if you do that many but the opportunity is there.

If we get 16 people we'll have exclusive track access so no one on the track except for us.

Lunch is extra but my wife is going to go get it, you'll just need to order, subs or somesuch thing.

Heard a lot of great things about the track and the quality of the karts.

If your interested post here or PM me. We need 6 people.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 02:09 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Duh...forgot the date, June 30th!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Jahan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be interested, but I’ve got some questions.

1. What level of drivers will be showing up? Anyone have experience at MRP in a Yamaha or faster kart?
2. I’ve seen them run groups like this in the 9hp rental karts for a couple sessions to get everyone used to the karts. Do you know if they are going to do this, or if they’ll start you in the Yamaha’s right away?
3. Is this the southbend track or the Buchanan track?

Edit . . . Wait a minute, I just saw that this is a Chrysler group . . . I work at CPG, who from Chrysler is going?

Last edited by Jahan; 06-19-2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Jahan,

Everyone has track experience in cars. A few have kart experience, Bondurant and things like that when DCX sent a bunch of dynamics people there a few years ago. There is only one first timer and his son in law is bringing him for a Fathers Day gift, you might know him, Scott M he is the supervisor for WK/XK brakes at PROC. He has a lot of track experience and runs a Legends car so he is going to be helping his Father in law out but I don't forsee any problems.

We will do a few orientation laps in the 9hp karts then move up to the Yamaha karts.

Few other guys going are the senior manager for WK/XK Chassis, the WK/XK wheel/tire engineer, one of the guys who instructs at my Grattan events and is a dyanmics engineer for Ford, along with someone who runs a SCCA regional class every weekend.

I'm trying to dig up at least 12 or 16. We have 8 as of this moment.

We won't have any problems driver wise. I know everyone going for quite a while and the one or two I don't work with have attended my Grattan events for the past 5 years, no yahoo's or hero's.

This is the South Bend(larger) track.

I split my time between PROC and DCTC in RWD Chassis Engineering.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Jahan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

For everone else reading this, if you've never driven a REAL racing go kart, you owe it to yourself to make it to this event.

These karts are much faster than anything offered by the indoor tracks, and with racing slicks on an ashphalt track, they can pull up to 2.5g in corners.

This track is one of the best in the country, with several challenging corners and quite a bit of elevation change. Get out there, you'll love it!

Get notified of new replies

To Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsis - Interested in Karting Event?

Quick Reply: Indiana/Ohio/Michigan/Wisconsis - Interested in Karting Event?