Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Time Attack, Gateway Raceway, July 28th-29th

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redline Time Attack, Gateway Raceway, July 28th-29th

Hey everyone,

I wanted to come here and make a post regarding our upcoming Redline Time Attack event at Gateway International Raceway, the weekend of July 28th-29th.

The entry fees for the event are:

$175 for Saturday HPDE/Practice Day
$200 for Sunday Time Attack
$350 for Both Saturday and Sunday

You can expect to receive 2.5 hours of track time on Saturday and about 2 hours of track time on Sunday. We run three run groups on Saturday (Novice, Intermediate, Advanced) and for the Time Attack competition, we have three classes: Street, Modified, Unlimited. Saturday is open to anyone and is not a competition day.

To register for the event, you can use this link:

http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/c...p?idCategory=23

For more information on our series and the event, please use this link:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-6.html

Please be sure to read over our Rules if you intend to participate in the Time Attack on Sunday.

We are also holding a promotional event at Grand Prix Speedways on Saturday, July 14th. We've negotiated discounted rates for our event there and we are also giving away 1-Day entries into the Time Attack to the top three finishers at the Grand Prix Speedways event.

General admission for the event is only $15, and is good for both Saturday and Sunday. We will have fliers located at many speed shops throughout St Louis which are also good for $5 Off admission. You will also be able to download a coupon from our website good for $5 Off admission.

I'd love to see some Corvettes out on the track mixing it up with other RWD cars in our Time Attack events, and I know our fans would too. We've had other "high end" RWD cars come out to our events and do very well:Acura NSX, Porsches, BMW M3s, etc. This event is NOT and "Import" event by any means. It is open to all makes and models of cars. Our series garners more national media attention than many other racing events, including SCCA sanctioned "Pro" racing events. So if you have a fast Vette and you think you can stick it to the other guys around the country, come on out!

If you have any questions for us, you can post them here or you can always email us or call us:

Info@RedlineTimeAttack.com

661-992-4384

See you at the track!

Nikolas
Old 06-14-2007, 01:37 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am assuming that they allow "pushrod" cars to compete in the Time Attack , unlike Super Street. Super Street , really ought to be "Super Rice".......................
Old 06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I am assuming that they allow "pushrod" cars to compete in the Time Attack , unlike Super Street. Super Street , really ought to be "Super Rice".......................
We allow just about ANY car to compete..... unlike the other organizer of events. ;-)

OHVs, V10s, V12s, Flat 6's, "Race Cars", etc....

This is pretty much "Run what ya brung" ....within reason of course. ;-)
Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
+1.............
Old 06-22-2007, 05:16 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

We have confirmation that both AMS Performance and JIC Magic will be at this event with their top cars:

AMS Mitsubishi EVO
JIC Magic/Hankook Tires Nissan S-15 Silvia

The JIC Magic car is coming off a win at Buttonwillow Raceway where driver Tyler McQuarrie broke the existing Time Attack track record with a lap time of 1:48.76.

AMS Performance is coming off an Event Championship at St. Eustache, Montreal where they too broke the existing closed-wheel lap record with a lap time of 54.754 seconds.

It is going to be a knock down, drag out fight in St Louis. Im most interested to see if any big hitters from other road racing series/sanctioning bodies are going to step up to contend for the event championship... Corvettes, Vipers, Porsches, BMWs, whatever.

In the lower divisions, DTM Motorsports, reigning Modified Class Champion from Summit Point 2006 will be in attendance. SPL Parts, runner up two events in a row in California is considering attending the event and giving the East Coast boys from DTM a run for their money. In the Street Class division, James Elterman will be piloting both Nukabe/Cusco STIs at this event in the AWD Street Class and Manuel Ortega will be making the trek all the way out from California to battle for the Street FWD crown in his Neon SRT-4.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

So no vettes allowed in "Street Class"?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Neither the C5 or C6 Z06 is allowed in Street Class. Other models of Corvette are allowed in Street Class.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Originally Posted by Nikolas
Neither the C5 or C6 Z06 is allowed in Street Class. Other models of Corvette are allowed in Street Class.
Very interesting...
Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Mark-44
Drifting

Originally Posted by 03Ragtop
Very interesting...
Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Word from JIC Magic is they will be debuting at least one of their new cars, if not both of them:

Nissan 350Z
Mazda RX-8

Both would be Unlimited RWD cars. I expect the cars to be very well sorted and VERY fast, if their S-15 Silvia is anything to use as comparison (and it wasnt even a Time Attack car, it is a Drift car!!!!!)

Curious to know what you guys mean by ".....interesting"

We've had car owners show up to events with cars they thought would clean house...only to be surprised by a driver in a relatively unassuming car who was very talented. ;-)
Old 07-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Jason
Team Owner

CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Interesting in that it sounds like a lot of fun, I think my car would pass tech, but unfortunately I'm low on tire funds and am in the process of changing a wheel bearing and CV joint boot. But, now that I know what class I'd run in, I'll be keeping an eye open for a future event within range of Nashville.

And I suck at driving and my car is slow, but I have a blast doing it.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Mark-44
Drifting

Default Interesting?

Originally Posted by Nikolas

Curious to know what you guys mean by ".....interesting"

We've had car owners show up to events with cars they thought would clean house...only to be surprised by a driver in a relatively unassuming car who was very talented. ;-)
If the C-5/C-6 don't run in "Street Class" who do they run with? Not wanting to go wheel-to-wheel, but to learn and have fun.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

The C4/C5/C6 can all run in Street Class RWD...provided they use tires that are permitted for Street Classs and meet all of the other rules of Street Class.

But the C5/C6 Z06 are only allowed to run in the Modified or Unlimited RWD classes, even if they use "Street" tires.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:33 AM
Nikolas
Advanced

I was speaking with Burseth Racing from Illinois and it looks like they will be coming out with a Corvette or two for this event.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
BursethRacing
Racer

Burseth Racing LLC
Derek Burseth
(630)213-3456
www.bursethracing.com
www.derekburseth.com
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

The winner will be there. In a late 90's subaru.

But I do wish everyone else good luck on second.

Last edited by RogueVette; 07-19-2007 at 01:35 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

It is pretty rough to show up at an event and know that even before the car comes off the trailer that you're already racing for second place.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Late 90's Subaru eh? I know AMS, JIC and DTM are bringing some darn fast cars... Should be a GREAT show regardless!
Old 07-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Nikolas
Advanced

Still plenty of spots open for Saturday and Sunday. We will be accepting same day registration both days for those of you interested. Tons of track time, nice weather and plenty of fun!

Get notified of new replies

To Redline Time Attack, Gateway Raceway, July 28th-29th

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack, Gateway Raceway, July 28th-29th