Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NASA Sebring

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 07:55 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NASA Sebring

Checkin' to see how many us on the radical fringe of the corvette owners will be at Sebring June 23 & 24.

I'll be drivin a quicksilver C5 #50
Old 06-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Originally Posted by KBRVETTE93
Checkin' to see how many us on the radical fringe of the corvette owners will be at Sebring June 23 & 24.

I'll be drivin a quicksilver C5 #50

Dude,

you were at NASA Roebling last month correct? Did they ask you to leave after the tire scrubing incident on green flag? I saw you load up after that and leave.

Do you run TTA or TTS?

I was there and ran HPDE 4 but will run TTS at Atlanta.

Have fun at Sebring.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:23 AM
spankythegator
Advanced

Oh this is awesome...more vettes at Sebring! I will be there along with my fellow Ballz Deep Racin' buds...I have a black C5 Z06 #2 and run in TTS, my friends are driving: C6(400+rwhp), C5 twin turbo(590ish rwhp purpose built motor by Antivenom), C6 Z06 (515 rwhp)...all are black and have extensive suspension mods and will be running in TT with me...this is going to be maddness! Can't wait!! We'll see you there!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:27 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Originally Posted by Cbntmn
Dude,

you were at NASA Roebling last month correct? Did they ask you to leave after the tire scrubing incident on green flag? I saw you load up after that and leave.

Do you run TTA or TTS?

I was there and ran HPDE 4 but will run TTS at Atlanta.

Have fun at Sebring.

Thanks - Yes I ran in TTA at Roebling, but (with 315 rears) I'll run TTS at Sebring.

Yeah - Guilty as charged. Was trying to group slower cars behind us (at the request of several of other top qualifiers) a little closer together, so that when we got up to speed, A few clean laps were possible before catching the tail of the pack (also scrubbed...a little).

When the group was flagged, I accidently (i promise) coasted past the first pit entry, stopped, and was black flagged (for that session) as a result of waving other cars into the pit area, ahead of me (Hard to see over the shoulder with a tight harness). Definately MY BADD.

Unfortunately, this took place (of course) on my last planned run before loading my gear for the ride home. I usually try to hit the road early on Sundays. After I talked with Jim (Race director) and everything is good. NASA runs a good tight ship, I wouldn't want to run with them if they didn't!
Had a great time!
Old 06-13-2007, 12:40 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Originally Posted by spankythegator
Oh this is awesome...more vettes at Sebring! I will be there along with my fellow Ballz Deep Racin' buds...I have a black C5 Z06 #2 and run in TTS, my friends are driving: C6(400+rwhp), C5 twin turbo(590ish rwhp purpose built motor by Antivenom), C6 Z06 (515 rwhp)...all are black and have extensive suspension mods and will be running in TT with me...this is going to be maddness! Can't wait!! We'll see you there!

Dang! You move in fast company!

I'm totally stock except for the rubber 710's. They changed my number to 50 instead of 55. Trying to swith back, if I can.
Either way, I'll be in the quicksilver C5Z (50 or 55).

I'll look forward to meeting you guys there.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Red Gump
Race Director

I won't be driving but I should be in town. if I'm not busy I'll swing out there and give you guys a hand if you need it. or catch you guys for a few beers at least.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Cbntmn
Racer

Thanks - Yes I ran in TTA at Roebling, but (with 315 rears) I'll run TTS at Sebring.

Yeah - Guilty as charged. Was trying to group slower cars behind us (at the request of several of other top qualifiers) a little closer together, so that when we got up to speed, A few clean laps were possible before catching the tail of the pack (also scrubbed...a little).

When the group was flagged, I accidently (i promise) coasted past the first pit entry, stopped, and was black flagged (for that session) as a result of waving other cars into the pit area, ahead of me (Hard to see over the shoulder with a tight harness). Definately MY BADD.

Unfortunately, this took place (of course) on my last planned run before loading my gear for the ride home. I usually try to hit the road early on Sundays. After I talked with Jim (Race director) and everything is good. NASA runs a good tight ship, I wouldn't want to run with them if they didn't!
Had a great time!
I thought something went wrong there. I was guilty of a little tire scrubbing myself. Then when i saw the black flag come out I remembered the drivers meeting....oops.

Wish i good hit it with you guys at Sebring. Let me know your lap times in TTS. I ran there a couple of weeks ago and ran a 2:29, which is my best lap. My car is "new to me" and im sure there is more in there as im not using the brakes to their fullest.

Have a great time
Old 06-14-2007, 11:08 AM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Sounds pretty fast to me. I'll be happy to post my time (unless there above a 2:29). Just kidding. Who hosted the event at Sebring a few weeks back?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Red Gump
Race Director

Sounds pretty fast to me. I'll be happy to post my time (unless there above a 2:29). Just kidding. Who hosted the event at Sebring a few weeks back?
been several. safemotorsports, chin, pca, pboc, seems there's something going on here every weekend.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

We are both from JAX also. we will have to hook up at a cruise in or something.

Good luck at Sebring. Its a great track. I wish it was about 4 hours closer to home!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:09 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Yeah - I try to go to First Coast Car Council Cruise-ins. Mostly at Mandarin. I'd like to steal some speed secrets from ya. I haven't chosen the next race weekend yet. Maybe a few of us local guys can group together, pick an event and caravan the vetts... cool
Old 06-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Cbntmn
Racer

Yeah - I try to go to First Coast Car Council Cruise-ins. Mostly at Mandarin. I'd like to steal some speed secrets from ya. I haven't chosen the next race weekend yet. Maybe a few of us local guys can group together, pick an event and caravan the vetts... cool
I have not hit one of those in a while. Used to all the time. The new vette doesnt have plates on it and im not sure if im going to put on one. I also keep it in Savannah most of the time. Have a building up there with a lift so it makes it nice to work on it.

I think my next event is going to be Road Atlanta on Aug 10th. That should be my first TTS event.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:27 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

I have not hit one of those in a while. Used to all the time. The new vette doesnt have plates on it and im not sure if im going to put on one. I also keep it in Savannah most of the time. Have a building up there with a lift so it makes it nice to work on it.

I think my next event is going to be Road Atlanta on Aug 10th. That should be my first TTS event.

I was at Road Atlanta in April with NASA Southeast. Drove on the new surface. It's awesome.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Cbntmn
Racer

We will have to hook up in Atlanta. Ive never been there and will need some input on the lines. Ive heard the new surface is great.

Now Roebling is re paved. Atlanta. Now if we can get them to re pave Sebring we would be in pretty good shape.... (i know, they never will re pave...something about history of the place...)
Old 06-18-2007, 01:44 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Yeah....wouldn't be the same. I understand that it's not as rough, now, as it used to be.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
73-84 IMSA Widebody
Drifting

Ohio boy here, i am in Ft Myers thru the 23rd. If a few Vette racers will be there Fri or Sat I will run up. Sorry no car but I'm a free pit hand
David
Old 06-19-2007, 08:31 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We will have to hook up in Atlanta. Ive never been there and will need some input on the lines. Ive heard the new surface is great.

Now Roebling is re paved. Atlanta. Now if we can get them to re pave Sebring we would be in pretty good shape.... (i know, they never will re pave...something about history of the place...)
Mark get behind me at Road Atlanta in August if you can run that slow that is in that big beast....by the way the transponder was on every run at Rockingham .

Jake beat your 2:29 at Sebring in the FRC last December with Chin. But it really does depend on the weather and track conditions. We will try to go down in Dec with Chin again this year if we can swing it.

KBRVETTE93 - what group were you running with in April? Rd Atl was a zoo that weekend and I saw lots of cars that I did not know - I knew some people we could not even get over to see. We were running the white FRC that weekend in TTA...

Get notified of new replies

To NASA Sebring

Old 06-20-2007, 03:42 PM
KBRVETTE93
Pro

Default April

Originally Posted by varkwso
Mark get behind me at Road Atlanta in August if you can run that slow that is in that big beast....by the way the transponder was on every run at Rockingham .

Jake beat your 2:29 at Sebring in the FRC last December with Chin. But it really does depend on the weather and track conditions. We will try to go down in Dec with Chin again this year if we can swing it.

KBRVETTE93 - what group were you running with in April? Rd Atl was a zoo that weekend and I saw lots of cars that I did not know - I knew some people we could not even get over to see. We were running the white FRC that weekend in TTA...

In April, I ran my first NASA event at Road Atlanta in HPDE3. Cold weekend!

I remember seeing a white FRC in HPDE3 also. Was that you guys? Nice Car.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:25 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In April, I ran my first NASA event at Road Atlanta in HPDE3. Cold weekend!

I remember seeing a white FRC in HPDE3 also. Was that you guys? Nice Car.
That was us - we ran in HPDE 3, 4 and TT since we were sharing a car plus instructing. It was dang cold!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
rudyarias
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 73-84 IMSA Widebody
Ohio boy here, i am in Ft Myers thru the 23rd. If a few Vette racers will be there Fri or Sat I will run up. Sorry no car but I'm a free pit hand
David
Come on up! I will be there as a visiting dignitary from NASA MidWest/In-Ohio sharing the HPDE4/TT group leader duties with Billy Stacey.

Quick Reply: NASA Sebring