Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear T1 swaybar setting?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:02 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rear T1 swaybar setting?

I've got a C5 Z06 and just wanted to know what others out there are setting their rear T1 swaybar at for roadracing...I have mine set at full hard but thought that maybe I should set it full soft (furthest hole out) to keep the rear from coming out as easily.....is this correct? I am trying to combat the car from getting so loose....I also have PFADT coilovers and will be running them at 12 clicks front, 10 clicks rear....any opinions on this as well from fellow PFATD users? **-3deg camber front, -1.5 rear, neutral toe front w/ 1/4" toe (in) rear, kumho 710's (27psi front, 24psi rear cold) and am running at Sebring. Thanks for any input! -Jared
Old 06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Every car is different, so there's no one right answer to this. But I can tell you a few things...
1. Your camber settings are a good start.
2. I run the V710s and your pressures are probably too high. Mine are down in the low 20s in front and mid teens in the back. That's just what my pyromter is telling me.
3. I don't run that much toe in on the rear...but to each his own. Anything more than 1/8th starts to scrub speed (lose power) pretty good...so I'm at about 1/16th in total.

Run a session and see how the car feels. Have somebody check your tires with a pyromter and see where your pressures are. Change something...anything...but try to just make ONE change at a time. Results?? One good test is worth 1000 opinions...

Good luck!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Aardwolf
Race Director

Received 371 Likes on 307 Posts

From what I understand the more rear sway bar the less understeer. If your rear end is coming around (oversteer) then you would want less rear sway bar or more front bar.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

you definitely don't want them full hard if you have oversteer. I would have started in the "middle" setting on both sides, then adjusted one end softer/harder as conditions dictate. I haven't measured them, but one would assume the middle holes match the non-adjustable old T1 bars only hole.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:36 PM
wtknght1
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Aardwolf
From what I understand the more rear sway bar the less understeer. If your rear end is coming around (oversteer) then you would want less rear sway bar or more front bar.
True...but I'd look at your tire pressures first before monkeying with suspension. Do the easiest stuff first.

Granted, it ain't hard to change the sway bar hole and link, but pressures are first. Get that done and see where you are camber wise and adjust if necessary. Once that's done, then look at suspension part adjustments.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:56 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Post weekend results: I ended up moving the swaybar links all the way out which made the car handle 10x better! Took away a lot of the looseness especially at high speed....thanks everyone for all the input!

Get notified of new replies

To Rear T1 swaybar setting?

Quick Reply: Rear T1 swaybar setting?