Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got to see Eagles Canyon track Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:10 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Got to see Eagles Canyon track Sunday

Our annual 50th Anniversary event led us to Eagles Canyon track for some laps Sunday, unfortunately the heavy rains have delayed the final layer and curbing for the track. We did get to do some laps with the Texas Driving Experience corvettes mixed in the crowd to keep our speed down. So we did "fast parade laps"

All that aside, I could see from the laps we did (1.7mile short course), this is going to be one fine track!

There was just too much loose debris on the track to do much else.
I bet this track will eat up brakes when it's finished. The TDS instructors were a great bunch and tried to give us a good afternoon given track conditions, there wasn't much else they could do.

Anyone else looked into this track? http://www.eaglescanyon.com/php/circuit.php
Old 06-11-2007, 03:34 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Hey, John, great to see 'ya pop up!

One of our club members is also a member at Eagle's Canyon. He says it's a fun course, but it's going to take a few more months before they're really ready to rock and roll (figuratively speaking, of course!).

Man, I know you're only 7 hours away from us, but wow, what an autocross course we ran this weekend with the BMW group! I was deep into 3rd twice on course, yahoo!!!!

I'll post some video when I get it boiled down later this week.

Going to MSR this weekend; times are ripe for running through the tire budget!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may see more of me in the future. The boss has approved a swap for a new Z06. Not sure when/where etc. Have not even started shopping yet. I love my car, but a Vert is a pain on the track. I don't like the roll bars I have seen, so a hard top is the only solution.

I wish I could have made it. 3rd gear in autox??? I love it!

John
Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Dang!!

Sat on my butt too long, and now ECR has stopped offering junior memberships.

I could swing the 5K for individual, but the 250 a month.. ouch.

I was at Motorsport Ranch yesterday.. third visit there, maybe 5th or 6th time tracking the car. I think I reached a new plateau. One day event, one run only had 6 cars.. felt like I had the track to myself.. car felt really good.

Then it started raining. A lot. Still ran the track. Learned ALL sorts of things.

Get notified of new replies

To Got to see Eagles Canyon track Sunday

Quick Reply: Got to see Eagles Canyon track Sunday