Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery Channel Canada, Mean Machines show airs tonight

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Discovery Channel Canada, Mean Machines show airs tonight

For those of you who knew that I flew to California last December to drive a '07 Z06 Corvette for GM, during taping of the show called Mean Machines, I found out that it will be airing for the first time tonight on Discovery Channel Canada @ 9:30. The show is a comparo test @ Willow Springs in California between a Corvette Z06 and a Ferrari. It was a great time for myself even though the production company was manipulating results to help the Ferrari ......they werent even on the same calender. Anywho it airs tonight for those in Canada to see.

I am not sure yet of Discovery Channel USA's air date, or if it even will. I will have a copy of it tomorrow morning and if they dont air it in the states maybe I can find someone to host it so everyone can see it. I am anxious to see if there were any other manipulations to the content at the studio.............. If you did not get the score, and just watched the video of the cars, you would know which car was kickin' hiny without the numbers.....
Old 06-07-2007, 02:56 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

I can't find any reference to Mean Machines on either the Discovery or TLC channels.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
I can't find any reference to Mean Machines on either the Discovery or TLC channels.
Discovery Channel Canada is different than Discovery Channel USA unfortunately..............

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 06-07-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:20 PM
69autoXr
Melting Slicks

Received 209 Likes on 159 Posts

Ok, who here is from Windsor and will tape it for me tonight? And then meet me at the bridge to exchange...
Old 06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Discovery Cn. schedule for the show:

http://www.exn.ca/onTv/episode.asp?e...=67309992&TZ=0

So Danny, have you submitted an application for next season's "Setup"?
Old 06-07-2007, 05:53 PM
RAFTeRACER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you could bring the tape and a six pack of Molson up for a private screening Dave, Dale, Meikin, and I could show you everything you did wrong!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:11 PM
Janet Curran
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08

Danny,
I'm anxious to see this. You had it over him in every aspect of the "competition".

Janet
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RAFTeRACER
Maybe you could bring the tape and a six pack of Molson up for a private screening Dave, Dale, Meikin, and I could show you everything you did wrong!
Kevin,
I am sure that we'll get together sometime soon.....I'll bring the DVD, you guys supply the beer............ I've got to go to Atlanta this weekend for my sisters wedding.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Miaugi
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the heads up...I just set the PVR to record it!
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Miaugi
Thanks for the heads up...I just set the PVR to record it!

Tell me if I end up looking like a jackass so I can just burn the DVD when I get it tomorrow...........Sucks that I cant view it when you guys do, I've been waiting for 6 months Hell , its been so long I'll have to go and reference my origianl post just to remember exactly how it really happened.

Hopefully they show all of the tire smoke and mayhem that was created. It was a great time for sure.

Last edited by RAFTRACER; 06-07-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Janet Curran
Danny,
I'm anxious to see this. You had it over him in every aspect of the "competition".

Janet
Janet,
Thanks but having it "all over" that particular Ferrari/team was not that hard.......wish the gentleman with the 430 would have showed...chicken It certainly would have been alot closer, but we still know which car would have prevailed.

I'll try to get you a copy soon. I really appreciate the fact that you came out to help I may call you soon, my wife is needing a vacation....I suprise Spring Mountain school may be just what she needs...
Old 06-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by RAFTRACER
I've got to go to Atlanta this weekend for my sisters wedding.
Tux for RAFTRACER?

Passed your house couple nites ago on the way home. I told Samantha you were building a new garage. As I pointed it out she said "WOW, THAT'S A GARAGE!" She likes the esthetics. It looks GREAT.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Fast_Toys
Racer

Default Watched it..

I watched it tonight. It was ok. The corvette won 3-2 I believe. They had a few events like:

Acceleration
Braking
Peak G's on skidpad
Short road course
Longer Road Course

The Z06 won acceleration, short road course and long road course. The two road course wins were by a significant margin. The Ferrari team was quite humbled. At the beginning they were talking some serious trash about the Corvette being too heavy etc.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Yeah....The Ferrari won the braking contest...the last stop it made was from 30-40 feet before the thresh-hold braking point, and consequently that is how many feet better its last stop was. This was manipulated by the owner/driver of the Ferrari. The skid pad was manipulated by the production company.......The short course (autocross) was also manipulated by the production company, but by no where near enough. I think they eliminated about half of the margin . To my knowledge the acceleration test, and the long road course were the only tests that were un-molested by anyone and obviously were the most lop-sided results. But then the results went to the production studio....Can't wait too see if anything else was manipulated.
Additionally I "manipulated" something on the Z06 for the skid pad (thanks for the tools Janet ) , because of all of the manipulations by/for the Ferrari. During the skid pad practice the Z06 registered 1.2g lateral on the driftbox......Which is way higher than they are actually capable of. The production company had us practice to make sure they knew how to use the driftbox correctly, and somehow the Ferrari managed that same 1.2g's. The stop watches that my buddy George and Janet were using had the Ferrari slower around the pad. Funny how it all works out....television. I am a racer and like to win everything, GM was just happy to have the car on TV.....again.

Anxiously awaiting the Fed-Ex driver this morning.........
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by Fast_Toys
The Z06 won acceleration, short road course and long road course. The two road course wins were by a significant margin. The Ferrari team was quite humbled. At the beginning they were talking some serious trash about the Corvette being too heavy etc.
They could have added 500 more pounds and it would have been the same result. They got Popp'ed square in their big mouths.

Get notified of new replies

To Discovery Channel Canada, Mean Machines show airs tonight

Quick Reply: Discovery Channel Canada, Mean Machines show airs tonight