Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Configuration of 6-Point Belts in Car????!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Mako7
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Configuration of 6-Point Belts in Car????!!

Time for my stupid harness bar/6-Point belt question!

I have a C6Z with a brey-krause harness bar and 6-point SanBelt harnesses.

Recently I had belt pass-thoughs mounted below the headrest to allow the shoulder harnesses to pass through the seat and not around it.

The shoulder belts wrap around the harness bar and then must go through a buckle at least 2 times to get the belt tight.

Here is the issue: does the buckle go behind the seat or in front of the seat????

My feeling is that the buckle has to go in front of the seat and above cam lock because there is just not much room between the harness bar and the pass-through grommet. So when you start to pull the shoulder belt snug down to the cam lock the buckle hits the grommet on the back of the headreast. Just not enough working room between the bar and the pass-through grommets.

Hopefully, I have explained this! I have a track day on Saturday and am hoping to get the belts installed tomorrow!

Thanks, and sorry for the dumb question!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 AM
Mako7
Drifting

I think Buckle goes on the front side of the seat!

When the seat is moved forward there is more room behind the seat between the seat and the bar, but it is much more convenient to have the buckle on the front side of the seat!
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 AM
bobmoore2
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BEHIND THE SEAT.

The 'buckle' should be very close to the harness bar. And the belt should be tight around the bar, so that it is a little difficult to move the belt on the bar.

If the belt can easily move on the bar, then eventually you will see some fraying of the fibers on the surface of the belt where it rubs on the bar -- NOT A GOOD THING.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

with Bob
Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bobmoore2
BEHIND THE SEAT.

The 'buckle' should be very close to the harness bar. And the belt should be tight around the bar, so that it is a little difficult to move the belt on the bar.

If the belt can easily move on the bar, then eventually you will see some fraying of the fibers on the surface of the belt where it rubs on the bar -- NOT A GOOD THING.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Mako7
Drifting

You guys are correct. When the seat is put forward in driving position (vs. the default exit position) there appears to be enough clearance between the bar and the back of the seat so the buckle will not hit the seat back grommet.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:23 PM
PatrickCarter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mako7
You guys are correct. When the seat is put forward in driving position (vs. the default exit position) there appears to be enough clearance between the bar and the back of the seat so the buckle will not hit the seat back grommet.

Thanks!
Who/Where did you get or do the grommets?

Thanks
Patrick

Get notified of new replies

To Configuration of 6-Point Belts in Car????!!

Quick Reply: Configuration of 6-Point Belts in Car????!!