Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with EBC yellow brake pads?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
JohnD60
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Experience with EBC yellow brake pads?

Has anyone tried the EBC yellow brake pads? Seems to be a good price for a track only pad……

Appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

John
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had EBC greens on our Miata. Hated them. Absolute junk. I will never run EBC pads again. I swapped on some Hawk HP+ pads and the car will actually stop now.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Ryokosman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely the worst pads I ever tracked on my STi were EBC Yellows. But I never got them to fade from heat.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Gray Ghost GS
"AlohaC5" Senior Member

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I run EBC Yellows on my Celica GT at HPDE events and am happy with their performance. They have incredible stopping power and never fade. However, I probably wouldn't run them on my C5 - I use Carbotech XP10/XP12.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Rob Burgoon
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run EBC Yellow in my stock C6. They will work when cold which is nice for driving to the track with them on. I havent experienced any major pad fade with them, maybe some slight fade, but I couldnt be sure that it wasnt in my head.

I got 2 days at streets, 3 days at spring mountain out of the fronts before they were scary low. I used stock pads for my first 3 track days before they failed.

They are good value for the money, but the thing that drives me nuts about them is that the glue that holds the backing plates on gets fried after the first day. Also, on a new set of yellows I lost an 1/8 of the pad in one big chunk after 2 days at spring mountain. Maybe the material itself is ok, but their manufacturing quality sucks?

I have about 20 track days under my belt in case you are curious what kind of driver I am. I dont park the car in the braking zones like I used to when I was new, but I am not as gentle on them as an ace driver would be.

I am curious to see if I can do any better with oem C5 Z06 pads. If not, I'll just go pay up for real pads.

Get notified of new replies

To Experience with EBC yellow brake pads?

Quick Reply: Experience with EBC yellow brake pads?