Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Racing video having fun with my Z at Homestead

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:16 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Racing video having fun with my Z at Homestead

Just edited up a video from racing at Homestead with NASA a few weeks ago.....thought you all might enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTziiF5qPPU
Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
B-ras
Melting Slicks

Cool vid Looked like fun.

The C6Z pilot was running an, um, interesting line.

I know a lot of drivers think the infield at the 'Stead is lame, but I kinda like it. The most elevation change you'll get at a FL track.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
RMVette06
Instructor

Nice Video
Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Great vid. We all know smooth driving wins races, but its nice to slide around and have fun too. I assume your on street tires?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 AM
spankythegator
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZR1 MK
Great vid. We all know smooth driving wins races, but its nice to slide around and have fun too. I assume your on street tires?

Thanks for the great comments everyone! Yes you are right...smooth is fast...unfortunately that makes for pretty boring video...I usually like to edit in my fastest lap at the end of the video which is always smooth and uneventful but I had so much crazy footage this time I couldn't squeeze it in under the youtube 10min limit...but I can make a separate video with the fastest times...heck I did set the TTS record of 1:37.08 that's worth a video right!?...but most of the maddness happened on the last session of the last day when we all just went out and pushed as hard as we could which made for some great shots (read: I was trying to keep up with Eric's modded C6Z that's pushing 150Hp over my stocker)........definetly not on street tires though...running the trusty ol' kumho V710's which took some serious abuse....and I've gotta use them again when we run at Sebring with NASA on June 23-24th....can't wait! Sure to be another great weekend! Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Im not familiar with lap times at that track, but it was apparent your going fast. I would enjoy driving with you. Its always enjoyable to see corvettes passing so many other makes of cars. The power diffeence between you and the black Z was interesting.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:57 PM
urslooow
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice Video Dude!

Are you moving into the race mode? Why drive w/ NASA when chin offers so much more seat time? (Not bashing here, just curious). Had a bad experience w/ NASA during a checkout drive and have found the chin group much friendlier and easy to talk to. Looove the extra seat time (3.5-4 hrs w/ dual groups)
Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Originally Posted by urslooow
Nice Video Dude!

Are you moving into the race mode? Why drive w/ NASA when chin offers so much more seat time? (Not bashing here, just curious). Had a bad experience w/ NASA during a checkout drive and have found the chin group much friendlier and easy to talk to. Looove the extra seat time (3.5-4 hrs w/ dual groups)
Thanks amigo...glad you liked it! I have not gone to a Chin track event yet but I do know that I am not a fan of point passing...both Chin running groups require a point by right?...with the time trial group in NASA I get to pass anywhere without the required point-by....in past experiences I've had with point by is that it forces me to get way too close to another driver if he isn't watching his rear...or his ego is getting in the way (a certain BMW driver out there who likes to brake check on the straights comes to mind.) The different groups they run is also great b/c they have instructors for the beginners and then a running group H2-H4 that makes sure you're out there running with people of similar experience. Another thing about track time is that I get plenty with the 5 (20 min)sessions/ day....my tranny and brakes are screaming at me after that time anyways...and a set of carbotechs and rotors barely last me a weekend as it is....and lastly the $$...is get 2 days for $350....I know I know..I'll say that yet go out and dump $1100 on a new set of V710's but if I have to choose that is a reason......the one thing I don't like about NASA is the amount of track days they have in general.....PBOC and I'm sure Chin both have way more weekends than NASA....so the 6-7 guys I run with might just have to try them out one of these days.....we just haven't yet due to being spoiled by driving in a non-point by environment. Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
dmwhite
Racer

odd, every racing sanctioning body i know of requires driver's suits...
Old 05-06-2007, 09:39 PM
spankythegator
Advanced

Originally Posted by dmwhite
odd, every racing sanctioning body i know of requires driver's suits...
This is in NASA's time trial class= no hot driving suit!

Get notified of new replies

To Racing video having fun with my Z at Homestead

Quick Reply: Racing video having fun with my Z at Homestead