Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We now have a Paint and body section on the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default We now have a Paint and body section on the forum

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138

in case you haven't noticed.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I found it last nite. One of those rare moments I was on the main page. There is some great DIY info there.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:58 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

yea I saw you found it so I figured others have not seen it so I posted it here. Who needs body work more than HPDE drivers? Chip city!
Old 04-30-2007, 08:32 PM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

John,
You should have a sand blast sticker on your car!!! Or did you get it paint in the past few years?

Randy
Old 05-01-2007, 06:49 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
John,
You should have a sand blast sticker on your car!!! Or did you get it paint in the past few years?

Randy
I spray it up every year but it is still to no avail.

I get the autobody shop to mix a can up. I doubt I'll be doing it this year. The orange fades fast and it was 250 for a quart with base. They told me it would not last. It has turned white on part of the splitter.

Last edited by John Shiels; 05-01-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

They told me it would not last. It has turned white on part of the splitter.
Then you must be going too fast, slow down John

Graham
Old 05-01-2007, 08:06 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Then you must be going too fast, slow down John

Graham
I wish! You only go to fast on the day you crash the other days you are building towards that event.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

I wish! You only go to fast on the day you crash the other days you are building towards that event.
That's a rather sobering thought. I was perfectly happy living in my delusion that only happens to other people Makes a good reminder that driving at 10/10ths is not the right choice if you are using your DD as your track car.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:47 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

I truly feel safer on the track than driving on the streets of Long Island. I am thinking of another sport-bike but remember why I sold two of them. After riding them I wanted to pull a few people from their cars and do untold things to them. I always drove the bike like a car and never weaved or darted like some idiots. Driving on the street here is horrible. People here cut you off so close at decent speeds I brace and wait for the noise.

I feel better at 11/10ths on track than trying to get home after work. I see piles of flowers every where people have been killed and the others I see in the papers. It is a sad sate of affairs on this island. When I go to PA to Pocono the people driving are like from another planet they are courteous. No wonder there is an auto body shop on every corner. Doing 60 in a 55 which I usually do is like being tied to a stump. They don't just pass you the then see how close they can cut your front bumper. I'll take the track any day to relax. I don't even take the GS for a ride anymore.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Bink
Safety Car

Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

John - as I've said before I get "Bike Fever" every spring and fall. I related that the other day and a friend of mine said "They have cell phones now". 25 years ago they were trying to kill us.....now they are trying to kill us and they have cell phones to help them.
Matter of fact and straight to the point.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:07 AM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Well John you bring up a point that hits home pretty hard. I've been against bikes for years now. Not because of bikes and their drivers. Because of everyone on 4 wheels.

My daughters fiancee was killed on his bike 2 weeks ago By an old man in an SUV who swears he didn't even see the bike. He cut right across the road and knocked the kid off his bike. Helmet was messed up bad. He died on the scene of a massive concussion. He was wearing an expensive helmet and the kevlar riding gear. It did him no good. Instead of getting together at their camp in May to discuss wedding details. We went in late April for a funeral. Our families are trying to come to terms with it, but it hurts, a lot. This kid was already like a son to us. My daughter is devastated. She wasn't feeling good that morning or she would have been with him. And we would have probably been doing a double funeral last week.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off kilter on this thread. I'm just venting. I do feel safe on the track with 30 other people. If I didn't I wouldn't do it. At least those people are all going in the same direction with the same basic goal in mind.

Graham
Old 05-03-2007, 02:39 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by vms4evr
Well John you bring up a point that hits home pretty hard. I've been against bikes for years now. Not because of bikes and their drivers. Because of everyone on 4 wheels.

My daughters fiancee was killed on his bike 2 weeks ago By an old man in an SUV who swears he didn't even see the bike. He cut right across the road and knocked the kid off his bike. Helmet was messed up bad. He died on the scene of a massive concussion. He was wearing an expensive helmet and the kevlar riding gear. It did him no good. Instead of getting together at their camp in May to discuss wedding details. We went in late April for a funeral. Our families are trying to come to terms with it, but it hurts, a lot. This kid was already like a son to us. My daughter is devastated. She wasn't feeling good that morning or she would have been with him. And we would have probably been doing a double funeral last week.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get off kilter on this thread. I'm just venting. I do feel safe on the track with 30 other people. If I didn't I wouldn't do it. At least those people are all going in the same direction with the same basic goal in mind.

Graham
Sorry for your loss. we have lost friends and familyon motorcycle and car wrecks. I could not agree with you more. I ride a bike and I dodge 2 to 10 cars a week trying to run me over. It is amazing more people are not killed on bikes.

i was taught by the highway patrol. One thing i never forget, I am invisible on a motorcycle and no one can see me, this is why i am still alive.

and the scariest damn thing to me is a green light, i have been almost creamed countless times by people turning into the intersection, they
do not look for bikes.

I see so many people riding bikes like they are driving a car. It is just to scary to watch. it's just not the same!

i have been riding bikes for 35 years and i love it. But is so damn dangerous on the road anymore. almost everyone is driving while they are doing something else or thinking about something else, it's amazingly horrifying.

I am a risk taking junky, so I will never quit but i hope at least one rider reads this and learns one thing:

" you are invisible when you ride a bike "

God Bless
Old 05-03-2007, 06:49 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Sorry to hear that news Graham Hope all involved adjust to that horrible event as you never get over something like that.

When I ride I pretend I am a target but that takes the fun out of it.

Get notified of new replies

To We now have a Paint and body section on the forum

Quick Reply: We now have a Paint and body section on the forum