Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR 400 Grand AM

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default VIR 400 Grand AM

This is this weekend I think and part is on SPEED Saturday.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:22 PM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The autograph session for the drivers and playmates is tomorrow at 0930 I believe. It was worth standing inline in the rain last year for all of the autographs and car literature. The Playmates were very approachable and vety photogenic.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:39 AM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by 94ZR1#444
The Playmates were very approachable and vety photogenic.
No sticky fingers I hope ... lol

The DPT's are on today. That was an awsome race yesterday .. 1:56+ times so they were moving right along.

Mazda guys did super and outdrove the P cas but just didn't quite have the juice ... cost them a few 10th in each lap on the back straight.

Looked like 2 Vettes in the top 10 ... looked like tanks compared to the field!

New job .... no fun for you!
Old 04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What type of rules do they have that gives up so much from the Vettes? When I see a RX8 and a Mustang pull away from the Vettes on the straits, I have to wonder.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Coc5
What type of rules do they have that gives up so much from the Vettes? When I see a RX8 and a Mustang pull away from the Vettes on the straits, I have to wonder.
Vettes have more wt and less HP. Plus not as developed for GRAND Am racing.

Stevenson motor sports is doing a great job with 2 vettes in the top ten. The Nonamaker family of vettes is in their first year with the vettes. SO that takes some time to develop.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM
rbl
Drifting

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Vettes have more wt and less HP. Plus not as developed for GRAND Am racing.

Stevenson motor sports is doing a great job with 2 vettes in the top ten. The Nonamaker family of vettes is in their first year with the vettes. SO that takes some time to develop.
w/Tom.

The Vettes are just a bit big compared to the field it seems. Once they get dialed in though I think they will be a tough player. Those two did great IMO.

Not sure what the hp/wt. disadvantage is but the P cars have it over the Mazda and pull away out of the corner with the torque.

I guess their radiator is the weak link. The guy on Roller Coaster toasted his with just a simple wheel off.

The Mazda guys did a super job and that was a very good 2 car race. Hats off to the drivers too .. intense.

Get notified of new replies

To VIR 400 Grand AM

Quick Reply: VIR 400 Grand AM