Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using Sharkbar w/camera mount?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
SpudGT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using Sharkbar w/camera mount?

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is using a camera mounted to a Sharkbar to capture Autocross video footage.

I just installed a Sharkbar in my 2007 Z51 Coupe, along with an I/O Port camera mount. That puts my video camera at about drivers eye level, right behind the drivers shoulder. That location provides a good point of view ... except the rear view mirror blocks a lot of the picture.

Just wondering what others have done with interior mounted cameras. Seems like my choices are:
- rotate the mount to lower it: less mirror in picture but point of view isn't as good
- remove the rear view mirror: seems to just twist off on my 2007. Not sure how many times that can be done before it breaks.

Thanks
Old 04-20-2007, 12:39 AM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

I've got one that I use on the track (road course). I have it centered between the seats, and it sits low enough that the rear view mirror doesn't block much of the picture. I also use a wide-angle lens to get a little bit better perspective.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:36 PM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpudGT
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is using a camera mounted to a Sharkbar to capture Autocross video footage.

I just installed a Sharkbar in my 2007 Z51 Coupe, along with an I/O Port camera mount. That puts my video camera at about drivers eye level, right behind the drivers shoulder. That location provides a good point of view ... except the rear view mirror blocks a lot of the picture.

Just wondering what others have done with interior mounted cameras. Seems like my choices are:
- rotate the mount to lower it: less mirror in picture but point of view isn't as good
- remove the rear view mirror: seems to just twist off on my 2007. Not sure how many times that can be done before it breaks.

Thanks
Here's a video from a customer from Spain using the Sharkcam camera mount on a C6 Sharkbar.

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/acrobat/corvette.wmv

http://www.vetteworksonline.com/cata...products_id/99

Hardbar is coming out with a new camera mount as well.

Dan

Last edited by vettedan; 04-20-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:54 AM
SpudGT
Advanced

The autocross last weekend went well, although the course was unusually rough due to all the concrete/asphalt transitions.

I ended up using my I/O port camera mount and removed the rear-view mirror (which I would not do again). In the future I may purchase the new Hardbar camera mount, seems like it would be a better fit. My old Sony camcorder is getting long in the tooth as well ...

Hopefully you can see a sample of the video here, my friend was driving at the time (it was our fastest run of the day):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XeEVdywx2c

Last edited by SpudGT; 04-27-2007 at 01:15 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone using Sharkbar w/camera mount?

Quick Reply: Anyone using Sharkbar w/camera mount?