Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brake to gas pedal dimensions C5 Z06 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM
cebars
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default brake to gas pedal dimensions C5 Z06 vs C6 Z06

Is there a difference in the distance between the centre of the brake pedal to the centre of the gas pedal between the C5 Z06 and C6 Z06.

I was at Spring Mountain and I drove both C5 and C6. It seemed like there was a difference between the two generations when I was trying to learn to heel/toe shift but maybe it was just because I have a C5 and am used to the car.

Where can extensions to the gas pedal be bought to make it easier to heel/toe shift....my feet are really narrow .
Old 04-19-2007, 12:01 AM
COBrien
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

I had an '01 coupe, and now have an '06 Z06, and I agree there is a difference in pedal spacing. I installed this extension last year, and it works great for heel/toe...I know several other forum members are using it as well.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalo...oducts_id=2939

Good luck,
Collin
Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Oyishdog
Melting Slicks

I noticed this between the c5 z and my c6 coupe...I guess I was not crazy
Old 04-19-2007, 10:23 AM
B-ras
Melting Slicks

I'm happy with the one I got from Elite Engineering: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5_Pedals.html

That said, the one posted by COBrien looks like it might do just as well for a bit less $$$.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
COBrien
Drifting

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08

Originally Posted by abraswell
I'm happy with the one I got from Elite Engineering: http://www.eliteengineeringusa.com/C5_Pedals.html

That said, the one posted by COBrien looks like it might do just as well for a bit less $$$.
One disadvantage of the pedal extension I use is that it screws in to your existing gas pedal. It's been very solid so far, and I expect it to stay that way, but it could loosen up over time. Plus if you ever go back to "stock" you pretty much need to buy a new gas pedal.

At the same time, I think one advantage of the extension is that, because it does screw onto the existing gas pedal, you basically double the thickness of a standard pedal. So you don't have to reach quite as "deep" when you heel/toe to get to the gas. I'm not sure if any of the replacement pedals are actually thicker than the stock pedal or not.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:55 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

I've been in my C5, and also a buddy's C6 and C6Z both very recently, and personally found them all very easy to heal/toe. I didn't notice any difference, but after all these years, I've found personal adaptation the best solution to pedal variance.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Neat... I may get the EE heel/toe pedal.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:27 PM
vms4evr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Elite Engineering Heel/Toe pedal. I tried their original pedal and did a write up on it. Jeff at EE saw the write up and asked me if I want to test a new H&T version. That one works great for track use for those of us who aren't pros. Very easy to use and no worry about you foot slipping between them with narrow race shoes on. The pedal replaces the factory pedal so it maintains the correct height. Even after you get some brake fade and a bit deeper brake pedal.

Very good quality.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:41 PM
sleeper02Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
I've been in my C5, and also a buddy's C6 and C6Z both very recently, and personally found them all very easy to heal/toe. I didn't notice any difference, but after all these years, I've found personal adaptation the best solution to pedal variance.

Come on now Dave, you KNOW it's always the car or equipments fault...........

Joe "stopped blaming equipment, started looking at myself years ago" G.

Get notified of new replies

To brake to gas pedal dimensions C5 Z06 vs C6 Z06

Quick Reply: brake to gas pedal dimensions C5 Z06 vs C6 Z06