Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette in ALMS GT2??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Fi96
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette in ALMS GT2??

I didn't see the ALMS race at Long Beach (cause i dont have speed channel ) but my friend told me during the race they said Corvette was considering racing GT2 next season as well as GT1. They would go to GT2 for the competition but stay in GT1 in case anyone wanted to challenge them. Did anyone else hear about this or have any info on it?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:27 AM
MUKAK
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
micro
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did Doug Fehan say that?

http://corvetteracing.com/team/dougfehan.shtml
Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Fi96
I didn't see the ALMS race at Long Beach (cause i dont have speed channel ) but my friend told me during the race they said Corvette was considering racing GT2 next season as well as GT1. They would go to GT2 for the competition but stay in GT1 in case anyone wanted to challenge them. Did anyone else hear about this or have any info on it?
There were several teams considering building a GT2 corvette. Seams those programs were put on hold for a while.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
joemoia
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fi96
Tom Wallace said at the LBGP that Corvette Racing was not interested in moving down to GT2 class; if anything, his preference would be to move up to LMP class
Old 04-16-2007, 12:46 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

I don't know why they won't let the C6.R's run unrestricted since they are now the only cars in the GT1 class. It would be fun to see a C6.R go for the overall win against the prototypes.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by xsiveone
I don't know why they won't let the C6.R's run unrestricted since they are now the only cars in the GT1 class. It would be fun to see a C6.R go for the overall win against the prototypes.
I'd like to see that.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette in ALMS GT2??

Quick Reply: Corvette in ALMS GT2??