Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chin Motorsports at MidOhio - May 28-29

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
jlucas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Chin Motorsports at MidOhio - May 28-29

Memorial Day Holiday Monday + Tuesday (2 day event).

Yes they are little more expensive up front but for track time vs cost it's cheaper than anything else. They only have 3 run groups and the total number of cars is limited to 80 cars. Lots of hard core track guys show up because of all the track time available.

Hope to see you there.

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/event...ay.asp?eid=205
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I am registered for this one. I think they will run it w/ the chicane.
Chin doesn't require point-bys in the advanced group. Their events tend to draw some exotic cars, too.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

I'm registered along with a buddy
Should be a great time.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to work it in if possible. I will be at Indy on that Sunday already
Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WNeal
I'm registered along with a buddy
Should be a great time.
I've been fortunate enough to spend this past winter driving with CHIN at Sebring, Homestead and Moroso. I love all the track time you get. They are a great group and the tracks down here are awesome.

Bill, I hope you still can refer to me as your buddy after I continually buzz by you every chance I get

Last edited by Z06_505; 04-13-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-13-2007, 11:55 PM
JiminFL
Racer

Originally Posted by C5inWV
I am registered for this one. I think they will run it w/ the chicane.
Chin doesn't require point-bys in the advanced group. Their events tend to draw some exotic cars, too.
Chin runs more than one format. In their dual group format even the Advanced/Instructors group requires a point by, it's just that in that group it happens anywhere the driver being overtaken is comfortable.

You're right about Traquest events having no point required in the advanced group, and Mid-Ohio is a Traquest event. Woo Hoo!!

I've run with Chin over the past 5 years at Watkins Glen, Roebling Road, and Sebring, and it's always a GREAT weekend with as much track time as my brakes and brain can take. I really like how they run things, stay on time, and attract guys who want to enjoy their cars, have nothing to prove, and want to take home nice cars at the end of the day.

Someday I may get enough money for a track car or have enough seat time to push harder, but for me HPDE events are about being smooth, hitting my marks, making small mistakes in recoverable situations, and staying in the 80-90 percent range of the car, which for now is 100% as much as the driver trusts himself in his (and his wife's) ride home!

Have a blast at Mid-Ohio. Hope it doesn't snow!

Jim
Old 04-14-2007, 06:00 AM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Originally Posted by Z06_505
I've been fortunate enough to spend this past winter driving with CHIN at Sebring, Homestead and Moroso. I love all the track time you get. They are a great group and the tracks down here are awesome.

Bill, I hope you still can refer to me as your buddy after I continually buzz by you every chance I get
Is that so ???
Old 05-08-2007, 06:55 AM
jlucas
Racer

Only 16 spots left, plus they have opened up the Monday only for you guys that don't have any vacation available (Monday is Memorial Day).
Old 05-08-2007, 06:59 PM
RickF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jlucas
Only 16 spots left, plus they have opened up the Monday only for you guys that don't have any vacation available (Monday is Memorial Day).
Can you confirm this? I am interested in Monday only. However, I don't want to pay $40 to join just to found out how much it will cost.
I would be a novice. The fees look to add up quickly. $40 to join $75 instructor fee, etc.
Any idea how much I would be looking to pay for Monday only. I might have a co driver as well. Is the "tracquest" format 3 hours a day and how is that broken out (ie 3 1 hour sessions, 6 1/2 hour sessions)?
Thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 09:00 PM
jlucas
Racer

From their website:

TracQuest Format: This is the evolution of the deluxe track day program that originated with TracQuest, whose east coast operations were acquired by Chin Motorsports in Fall, 2005. This format employs only 3 run groups: novice, intermediate, advanced, and offers liberal passing rules in the higher classes. The typical TracQuest event schedule provides for over 3 hours of available track time for each group during the day. Street cars and race-prepared cars are welcome. The deluxe TracQuest track day also includes breakfast and refreshments at the track. And, optional meals are offered. Lunch is a gourmet hot buffet, not a track burger!. The optional dinner is a high-end gourmet dine-out that is pre-arranged for those that wish to participate.

Monday only:
# Track Event Registration: $289
# Second Driver Fee: $95
# Instructor Fee (required for novice drivers): $75
# Optional Lunch Fee: $13
# Optional Dinner Fee: $55

Monday & Tuesday:
# Track Event Registration: $530
# Second Driver Fee: $150
# Instructor Fee (required for novice drivers): $75
# Optional Lunch Fee: $25
# Optional Dinner Fee: $55

Let me know if I missed something.
Jeremy
Old 05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
RickF
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info!

I checked the schedule. Looks like 4 1/2 hour sessions and then a 1 hour all groups session at the end of the day.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:26 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

We have a group of Cheeseheads that will be there over the weekend with the Northern Ohio BMW club, but we will be heading home on Monday, maybe we'll see you guys on Sunday if any of you show up early. Look for Yellow, Blue and Silver Z's in the garages.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:40 AM
Z06_505
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RickF
Thanks for the info!

I checked the schedule. Looks like 4 1/2 hour sessions and then a 1 hour all groups session at the end of the day.
plus 1/2 hour warm-up at start of day for all groups...standing yellow for the entire session...no passing....it's a good way to acclimate yourself to the track.

I'm counting the days.....

Get notified of new replies

To Chin Motorsports at MidOhio - May 28-29

Quick Reply: Chin Motorsports at MidOhio - May 28-29